Love and Hate: Guiding Light x Shadow (Frenemies→Part 1)

Details:
Guiding Light is Female
Shadow is Male

You know, sometimes people say that opposites attract or something like that, and sometimes it actually works. Rivals can become friends, enemies can become allies, and haters can become lovers.

But that doesn't happen all the time. Guiding Light and Shadow are a good example. Guiding Light is a light, like her name, and Shadow is the darkness.

But something weird about that, is that Guiding Light despises Shadow for no reason, and nobody knows why, since Shadow himself isn't as hostile as the other entities residing the hotel.

Shadow has been trying to talk about it with Guiding Light, but she always finds a way to get away from any type of contact with Shadow, and that is getting repetitive.

"Why is this... I don't get it, man..." Shadow sighed, looking at the ground. "Buddy, I have no idea myself, but keep on trying to talk to her. Maybe she'll give it up and finally will talk to you." Jack said, leaning against the Hide.

"Bro, stop leaning against me. You know how I feel uncomfortable when you do so." Hide said, pressed against the wardrobe. "Oops, sorry bro." Jack said, leaning against the wall instead.

"Sigh Anyway... What can I do to talk to her about it?" Shadow asked, concerned. "... Maybe you could approach her and say that you have something important to talk to her? In this case your relationship between you?" Hide suggested.

"Could work... Jack? Any ideas bud?" Shadow turned to Jack, to see him thinking. "... I guess Hide's got a point. I believe his suggestion is the best." Jack answered, looking at Shadow.

"Yeah... I think I should do that. Thanks homies." Shadow thanked, gesturing his hand for a fist bump. "Anything for your fellas." Hide and Jack said, group fist bumping.

Shadow then left the room to look for Guiding Light, who was reading a book in room 49. "Hey there, Guiding." Shadow said, his expression serious.

"What do you want, huh? Can't you see I'm reading?" Guiding Light growled, looking at Shadow with annoyance. "We have to talk." Shadow sternly said, sending shivers down Guiding Light's spine.

"Can it wait? I'm nearly finishing my book." Guiding Light said, trying to avoid whatever topic Shadow has to discuss with her. "Sure thing. I'll wait." Shadow said, walking inside the room, and sitting in the corner of the room.

After Guiding Light noticed there was no way out of this, she decided to keep with her lie, and she actually finished her book in 10-ish minutes.

"Alright. What do you want?" Guiding Light said, placing the book back in the bookshelf. "... Why." Shadow said, his voice monotone. "Why what?" Guiding Light asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"You know what I mean." Shadow sternly responded. "I actually don't know what the hell you're talking about." Guiding Light replied, her voice sounding annoyed.

"Why do you always avoid conversations with me? What did I do to make you do this?" Shadow said, facing Guiding Light. "I..." Guiding Light responded, her voice softening.

"You..?" Shadow patiently asked, after a few seconds of awkward silence. "I... I honestly don't know... I just... It just... Seems right..." Guiding Light softly said, looking to the side in shame.

"So you're doing this for no reason?" Shadow asked, dumbfounded. "I... Think so..." Guiding Light slowly answered, looking at the ground.

"... Listen, I don't want this routine to keep going. I want to improve our relationship." Shadow said, his voice sounding serious. "I don't want this climax of hate going on around us, so I want to become friends with you." Shadow finished, relaxing his composure.

"Even after all I did..?" Guiding Light asked, facing Shadow. "I believe everyone deserves a second or even a third chance in their lives, and you're no exception." Shadow said, getting up.

"... You actually mean this..?" Guiding Light said, blushing slightly. "Do I sound like I wouldn't?" Shadow replied, a bit of playfulness in his voice.

"Wow... Ok then." Guiding Light responded, getting up as well. "Friends?" Shadow asked, extending his hand for a handshake.

Guiding Light hesitated a bit, but she soon answered "Friends.", accepting and shaking Shadow's hand.