𝟏 | 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐨.

"𝐀 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨, 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭, 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲

"𝐀 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨, 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭, 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲."
Christopher Reeve

Hero. It's a simple word and yet the meaning of the word is anything but. When you think of a hero, do you think of a superhero like Iron Man, Captain America, or Batman? If not then what about more realistic people such as a famous figure, firemen, teachers, police officers, or doctors?

Maybe you think of someone else who proves worthy of that title through their actions. A person who would give you the shirt off their back or other acts of kindness. What about someone who stands up for those unable to do so themselves? Or even a person who sacrifices their own well being to insure the safety of others?

Regardless of what you believe it means to be a hero, there's one fact that remains true. 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 is capable of being a hero in the eyes of someone else. Even if they don't believe it to true about themselves.

"Who is your hero and why?" The young freckle faced boy, Carl read out loud

His mother looked over from the kitchen island where she stood cooking up some breakfast. "That shouldn't be too hard."

"I can only pick one." His voice lowered just above a whisper as he slouched back in his chair.

Lori, seeing how upset her son was paused what she had been doing. "That's not true. Baby, you can have more than just one hero. You can have as many as you want." Carl didn't seem convinced. "Think of it this way, okay? If you had to write a paper about every hero you have, you'd never stop doing homework, right?"

The corners of his lips began to slowly raise. "Yeah, you're right."

She picked up the spatula again as he perked up.
"Who were you leaning towards?"