Chapter One

Tsukiko and Miyu Kodama enter nine and three quarters through the magical gateway at King's Cross Station. They are wearing t-shirts and skirts as we're walking into the station that is bustling with Hogwarts students. A student in their year comes to them, "Hello, I'm Hermione Granger, and you are?"

"Hi, my name is Tsukiko Kodama, and this is my twin sister Miyu. We're transferring from Mahoutokoro School of Magic." Tsukiko says as they shake Hermione's hand. Hermione seems to recognize our last name. "My sister and I are from the world renowned Kodama family of Japanese Seers." She tell her as she recalls who we are.

"Japanese Seers from the Kodama family? That's fascinating! I've read about your family before. It's wonderful to meet you Tsukiko and Miyu." Hermione says with excitement. "Anything you can tell us about your old school Mahoutokoro? I find magical schools in other parts of the world so interesting to learn about." She glances at the train, "Oh the train should be arriving any minute! I hope you'll both enjoy Hogwarts, it truly is a magical place. Let me know if either of you need any help settling in. We third years know all the best spots."

Miyu speaks up proudly about their old school, "Mahoutokoro is located on an enchanted forested plateau surrounded by the ocean. It has a long history and focuses strongly on traditions from Japanese wizarding culture. We study magical creatures, potions, spells but also rituals, fortune telling, and studying the magic of nature."

Tsukiko nods in agreement. "Our Kodama family has been practicing magic and the arts of sight for over a thousand years. As identical twins born under the winter full moon, Miyu and I possess a rare magical connection and power of prophecy. Our visions have proven correct since childhood. It is said we may be the most gifted Seers of our bloodline in many generations."

The train whistle blows in the distance, signaling its imminent departure. "I look forward to continuing my education at Hogwarts and discovering what paths may lay ahead at this new school." Miyu says proudly as we enter the Hogwarts Express.

Miyu speaks up proudly about their old school, "Mahoutokoro is located on an enchanted forested plateau surrounded by the ocean. It has a long history and focuses strongly on traditions from Japanese wizarding culture. We study magical creatures, potions, spells but also rituals, fortune telling, and studying the magic of nature."

I nod in agreement. "Our Kodama family has been practicing magic and the arts of sight for over a thousand years. As identical twins born under the winter full moon, Miyu and I possess a rare magical connection and power of prophecy. Our visions have proven correct since childhood. It is said we may be the most gifted Seers of our bloodline in many generations. We already know that my sister will be sorted in Hufflepuff and I will be in Gryffindor." Tsukiko tell her.

The train whistle blows in the distance, signaling its imminent arrival. "I look forward to continuing my education at Hogwarts and discovering what paths may lay ahead at this new school."

As the Hogwarts Express pulls out, billowing steam and shining brilliantly in the late morning sun, Miyu and Tsukiko start gathering our things to board.

"Would you care for some sweets for the trip?" Tsukiko asked Hermione cheerfully, gesturing to the large stack of chocolate frogs, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, and other Wizarding snacks she purchased on the platform.

Once onboard and stowed in an empty compartment, Tsukiko offer around the treats as Miyu and her settle in across from Hermione. "Thank you for the warm welcome, it's lovely to make new friends already."

Tsukiko nod thoughtfully at Hermione's interest in divination. "What many do not realize is that the future is not set, but rather takes shape based on the choices made in each present moment. A prophecy is simply one path the threads of fate may weave, but those threads are ever shifting with each decision. That is part of what makes the sight so fascinating yet difficult - glimpsing what may come to pass, if the current course remains unchanged."