The end has begun

Dr. Robotnik always had a crazy plan to cause destruction, it always ended with the brave Sonic team always there to save the day... But this time he went too far. 

_______________________________________

             The first to get sick was Ray, his skin had turned really blistered and he never spoke he just consistently howled at the wall in pain, nobody knew what was going on but all they knew was it wasn't good, however it was Shadow who was trying to remain oblivious to the truth that something horrible was happening. 

              Shadow's serious wake up call was when Ray animalistically attacked and bit Cream, and it didn't help that afterwards it was as if Cream was no longer herself, she tried attacking the others, and it ended up to her being contained by Tails for him to do some research on what truly was going on here.

             This sickness traveled like wildfire, and soon enough it was just Knuckles, Tails, Sonic, Amy, and Shadow all huddled in Tails workshop, they all saw how dangerous this was, and there was nothing they could possibly do, the silence was deafening and the tension was thick.

            "We need to go back out there." Sonic said he clearly wanted to help as many people as possible, Shadow interjected, "No there is no way we can, those things out there are no longer human." His words were blatant.

              Sonic didn't want to believe it, he just looked away grief-stricken.

              Three weeks passed of them having to live this way, they almost never spoke to each other, tension was thick and the supplys ran low, so they planned to do a quick supply run.

_______________________________________

          Tails sat in his workspace alone, he was still trying to find out about what this virus was and how to stop or atleast prevent it. Everyone was relying on him, he had to do something. Exhaustion and stress was etched on his features, 'Believe in myself.' Tails thought optimistically.

              "Yo Tails?" A familiar voice rang out, it was Sonic, he quickly turned around to face him. "Oh hey Sonic, you need something?" Tails asked calmly.

               "Me, Amy, and Shadow have to do a supply trip, look over the shop, okay?" Sonic said gently only to stir suspicion from the younger one.

               "...Why them though?" Tails asked confused, Sonic didn't get along with Shadow much and him and Amy didn't speak much anymore.

               "Simple, if Shadow and I were to argue during the trip, Amy is most likely going to split up the fight whereas Knux would most likely encourage us to fight it out of something." Sonic explained lightly, Tails was still confused..

               "Well.. Why can't I go?" Tails asked Sonic confused, after that question Sonic became really awkward and rubbed the back of his neck before speaking again.

              "Uhm—... I– I just don't think you're that.. Capable.. Of the supply run... Me and the others also think you're dragging the team down.." Sonic said gently.

_______________________________________

          'Is he serious? Does he know how much I'm trying right now?..'  Tails thought feeling agitated, he was the only one who was trying to figure out what was going on outside, and here stood Sonic trying to claim he was the weak link; Tails hand gripped his chair in an attempt to hold back the word vomit that threatened to spill from his lips. All he did was nod.

             "Alright. Stay safe."

_______________________________________