Part One

Harry sat at the window in his room at the Gryffindor dorms, looking out over the school grounds. The stars twinkled in the sky, and he could hear the talking and loud noises coming from the common room as the others gathered there to 'discuss' previous events.

It was the day after the Triwizard Tournament and the day after he returned with Cedric's body, along with the news of Voldemort's return, and everyone was avoiding him and shooting him hateful glances whenever he passed them in the halls.

It was the day before they had to return to Kings Crossing on the Hogwarts Express, and Ron and Hermione had ignored him since the first day he was announced to participate in the tournament.

Harry looked around the bare room and sighed. The others had already packed for the trip home tomorrow. Harry got off the windowsill and went to his bed, which was closest to the window. He was about to climb in when he heard a tapping at the window.

He looked at the window and saw an official-looking owl sitting on the sill. Frowning, Harry went back to the window and opened it. The owl placed an envelope on the will before hooting and flying off.

Harry picked up the envelope and turned it over in his hand; noticing the official Gringotts seal on the envelope, he opened it and read the letter inside.

'Dear Harry Potter,

We at Gringotts would like to congratulate you on winning the Triwizard Tournament. We are writing to request your presence at Gringotts as soon as possible so we can discuss your inheritance and vaults.

This letter is a portkey, for when you choose to come. The keyword is 'Tournament'. We hope to see you soon.

Best of luck

Your family goblin

Gripclaw'

Harry was confused

Family goblin?

Harry frowned; what could the goblins possibly want to talk to him about?

He decided to go early the next morning; he climbed into bed and heard footsteps approaching the room. He pulled the curtains around his bed shut and cast a silencing and locking charm before settling down to sleep.

The next morning, before anyone else, he woke up. He shrunk his trunk and placed it in his pocket. He made sure he had everything before taking the letter from Gringotts and saying the keyword. He felt a familiar tug in his stomach before he disappeared and appeared in Gringotts.

He went to the front desk, where a female goblin was doing paperwork. "How can I help you?" The female goblin said without looking up.

"I'm here to see Gripclaw; he sent me a letter yesterday," Harry said, and the goblin nodded.

"Dagger will bring you there," she said, and another goblin came forth and led Harry to an office. He entered the door and found another goblin sitting there.

"Ah, Harry Potter, you got my letter," Gripclaw said, motioning for Harry to sit in front of the desk.

"Yes, it said to come as soon as possible to discuss my vaults and inheritance," Harry said, and Gripclaw nodded.

"I called you here to talk about your inheritance; due to your participation and success in the Triwizard tournament, you are now seen as an adult in the wizarding world," Gripclaw said.

"An adult?" Harry asked, confused.

"Yes, participating in the Triwizard tournament is notorious for being extremely dangerous: many champions died while competing. Because of this, those who compete, survive, and win are automatically adults in the wizarding world, no matter their age. You being seventeen also makes it easier," Gripclaw told him, and Harry looked thoughtful.

"So you're saying I no longer need a magical guardian?" Harry asked, and Gripclaw nodded.

"Now that that's settled, we have some more matters to take care of," Gripclaw told him.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 609

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 5:30 am

When are you reading this?