𝟐 | 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞.

Moment from the past

"I don't know, man. Are you guys sure about this?" Nate handed a box from the backseat over to his older brother. "I could just get a small storage unit nearby."
He turned to grab another box for himself to carry.

"A storage unit?" Rick stepped back onto the side walk as his facial expression twisted.

"Yeah. I could put payments on monthly auto renewal, give Lori the information and keep a spare key here in the junk drawer in case you guys need it."

Rick shook his head slightly as he gave a head tilt back towards the house. "The point of this was so you can stop paying for the apartment since you're gone most of the time."

Nate shrugged as he pulled another box out. Placing it on the larger one he then closed the door.
"A decent sized unit can't be that much."
Once he picked them back up the two guys headed back inside the Grimes family home.

"You spend all of your time off here anyways. Makes the most sense, don't you think?" Rick replied. They both knew he had a valid point.

The youngest of the two brothers had been in the service a few years now. With not being around much he'd crash in the spare bedroom or the couch whenever home. It was more than okay with Rick, Lori and Carl who dreaded when it came time to say goodbye again.

The brothers headed up the staircase and down the hall towards the back bedroom. They were about done unloading the very minuscule amount of belongings he had. Having had left right out of high school, Nate didn't see the point in much stuff sitting around collecting dust in his absence. What little he did care enough to bring, it all fit in just one carload not including his bike. Which to prove Rick's point even more, it had already been there since Shane picked him up from the airport two days ago, took him back to the apartment to pick it up and then came here to crash.

"Not to mention once we told Carl the news about you moving in it's all he's been able to talk about for the last couple weeks. You should've known there was no backing out after that." Rick sat the box down to join the rest of the collection in the corner of the room.

"It's because I'm his favorite." Nate never let an opportunity go to waste to mention what the boy said one day. Rubbing his brother's nose in it.

The foot of the bed sunk in when Rick took a seat for a quick break. "Speaking of the competition... I can't help but notice Shane ain't here to help."

"I already talked to him. He had somewhere to be." Nate answered taking a seat across from him at the window nook.

"Is that right?" Rick asked in a sarcastic manner.