Part Four

It was a Friday evening, and Harry was walking down the empty hall of Hogwarts. It was his free period, and he decided walking down the empty hall while everyone else was in class would be peaceful.

It was mid-October, and the air was getting cold. He turned the corner and paused at the sight in front of him. Ron and Hermione were standing there with Blaise, Draco, and Pansy. They all had their wands pointed at each other and scolds on their faces. Harry walked closer.

"You slimy snakes, why don't you just crawl into a hole and shrivel up?" Ron sneered at the three Slytherins.

"What's going on here?" Harry asked in a monotone voice, making all of them look in his direction.

"Finally here to help your followers, Potter?" Blaise sneered, but Harry wasn't paying him any attention. His eyes were stuck on Draco. His Veela wanted him to protect Draco, to hiss at Ron for pointing his wand at the blonde. He wanted to hold Draco and wrapped him in a blanket so he wouldn't get hurt.

Draco stared back at Harry, feeling the same connection that the other felt but slightly different. He frowned. His wand lowered so slightly, and he looked at Harry.

"Sectumsempra," a voice suddenly yelled, and Draco felt a pain in his chest; looking down, he saw blood leaking out of his white shirt. He looked back up and saw Ron smirking at him.

Suddenly, Ron flew across the hall in a blur, and everyone gasped when they saw Harry holding him by his throat a few inches off the ground, his wings spread wide and a growl rumbling in his chest.

"That was a cheap shot. I could kill you right now for hurting him, but I won't. I'm warning you. Stay. Away. From. Him." Harry growled before dropping him to the floor and quickly went to Draco; he picked up the taller boy in his arms and took off, flying down the hall to the medical wing.

He landed outside the door and put his wings away before entering. "Madame Pomfrey, we need help." He called, entering the hospital-like space. He laid Draco on a bed and sat on a chair next to the bed.

Harry was confused. He knew Draco wasn't his mate. So why was he so protective of him? Why did he care if Draco got hurt? He watched silently as Madame Pomfrey looked Draco over and bandaged his chest.

"I will have to alert your father, Draco. Seeing as you were seriously injured on school grounds, you will need to stay here for the night, too," Poppy said, and Draco nodded before looking at Harry, who had been sitting in the same spot for the past hour.

"Why are you here, Potter?" Draco asked.

Harry looked up at him. "I...I don't know," He stuttered out, leaning forward and covering his face in his hands.

"Do...do you feel it too? The bond?" Draco asked, avoiding eye contact with the younger.

"I do, but I know you're not my mate. We'll figure it out after you wake up; you need to rest," Harry said, gently patting Draco's hand before moving to the bed beside him. He laid down on the bed and pulled the thin sheets over him.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 536

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 7 am

When are you reading this?