Why do you think I'd hurt you?

I ran through the streets, pushing people out of my way. I looked around, trying to find a way to get away quickly.

"Get back here!" A random shop owner yelled.

I gave out an insane laugh, "Gotta catch me first!"

Everyone was moving out of my way. I smiled, that's how I like it. Everyone on this Isle fears me, well, except Uma and Gil, but they're my crew, so I don't feel the need to scare them. I kept running through all the market stalls, jumping over tables, crashing random stuff on the floor and then taking a sharp left. I hid behind some sheets that were hanging from a rope.

After a while I let out a sigh of relief. I must have lost him. I got out from behind the sheets and walked into Ursula's fish and chips shop, which Uma works at. I burst the doors open with both my arms and put my sword in the sword deck. I walked over to the counter and saw Uma washing some dishes.

I sat down, "Hello Uma darling"

She rolled her eyes, "Hey Harry" She turned around and looked confused. "Where's Gil? He always comes with you"

"Not sure" I shrug. To be honest, I hadn't seen him all day.

"Well let's leave, my shift just finished" Uma said, putting the last plate in a small cupboard to her right. I got up from my seat and looked around while she was taking her apron off. The chip shop always reeked of fish, which I guess it should, because they do serve fish. There's a bunch of circular tables spread out with around 4 chairs per one. There were a lot of different road signs stuck onto the wall, with jewellery hanging from the ceiling above me. I then noticed that a certain piece of jewellery was missing. That made me frustrated. How DARE someone steal from here, they must have known that Uma would get in trouble. Uma takes her apron off and we leave the shop.

"So, how was the shift?" I ask, even though I know I'll get a bad answer.

"What do you think?" She replies, giving me a small glare, like she was reading my mind.

We continue walking in silence till Uma speaks up again, "You wanna head to the beach?"

"Sure" We walked in silence for the rest of the trip. Until I noticed someone walking past holding the exact piece of jewellery that was stolen from Ursula's shop. I immediately pinned them to a nearby wall.

"Care to explain where you got that piece of jewellery?" I smirk, putting my hook up to his neck. His breathing started to quicken.

"Harry! It doesn't matter, my mum already punished me for losing it!" Uma shouted, grabbing my arm, pulling me away from the guy. I figured I should listen to my captain, but that doesn't mean I'll be happy about doing that.

I glared at the guy, "You better run before I get more angry." He nodded and ran off.

"Harry, what was that about? I said it didn't matter" Uma said, still holding onto my arm.

I pulled her into a hug, "I don't like it when people steal stuff from your mum's shop knowing you'll get in trouble, okay?"

She flinched before hugging back, "Okay, but next time you don't need to bother" She pulled out of the hug and started walking towards the beach. I followed close behind her before we got to the beach. It's not the prettiest thing, I mean we are on the Isle. The sand was dark and filled with rocks, while the water was also dark and had dangerous fish in there, which is why we never go into the water, we just like sitting on the sand. Uma plopped down onto the sand while I slowly sat down next to her. I went to put my arm around her when she flinched.

"Uma darling, why do you keep flinching whenever I go to touch you?" I ask softly, not taking my eyes off her.

"I...I don't know," Uma admitted. She turned to her right so she wouldn't have to look at me.

"Why don't you know? You know I'd never hurt you...right?" I asked. But I already knew the answer. She's afraid of me.

"I'm not sure, okay!" She snapped "You're just...I don't know how to explain it"

"So you're scared of me? Someone you've known for 7 years?" I ask, my voice slightly breaking.

She quickly looked at my hook then looked away, "I'm sorry"

Then it finally clicked, "You're scared of what I can do with this hook aren't you? You know I could easily kill someone with this, and you think I would kill you" I say quietly

Uma stood up quickly. She was getting more angry. Eyebrows creased, and a glare in her eyes, "Okay yes I'm scared of your hook! But I'm also scared of you. I wish you were more normal, I wish you didn't get angry over the smallest things, I wish you weren't like your dad!"

My heart, it just broke. She broke my heart. Am I really like my dad? She wishes I was more normal?

"Here" My dad said, handing me something. I looked at it more carefully. My very own hook?!

"Thank you!" I smiled, holding it in my left hand.

"Now you can be just like me" He smiled

Uma noticed my face had fallen, "Harry I-"

"Save it, I thought we were each other's light in our lives, but it looks like I was wrong" I said harshly. I was angry, but I was also upset. I let the tears fall out my eyes. I walked away from Uma. I don't know where I was headed, but I just had to get away from the beach. I wasn't looking where I was going so I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh hey Harry!" Great, I didn't want to see Gil either. He quickly realised I wasn't my usual self

"Did something happen?" He asked gently.

I pushed him away, "I don't want to talk about it" I ended up running to my old place I lived in after I ran away from my dad, but also before I started living on the ship with Uma and Gil.

I opened the doors to the small, but cosy place. There was a bed in the corner with a bunch of stuff I had collected when I lived here, but that was about it. I climbed my way onto the bed and let myself fall asleep...