Chapter 53

September 25, 2024

"Elijah Sarmiento, you are under arrest," the girl said, and I frowned when I saw her face.

"Claire," I muttered.

"Hi, Eli. As I've said, you are under arrest, and you need to come with us," she said.

"Wait, why does he need to come with you?" Zeke asks.

"You know it's for our booth. He needs to come with us," she repeated.

"Who did this?" Zeke asked, frowning.

"Then you should come too, so you'll know," she said.

We followed her to the field, and when we got there, they had a tent there where they kept the people they caught.

"Eli, stay inside the tent for a while. You're not allowed to come out yet. There are foods here if ever you get hungry or thirsty," Claire said.

"Okay, how much to bail him out?" I heard Zeke say.

"Unfortunately, you can't do that. The complainant ordered a no bail case," Claire said.

"What the fuck is this? Who is it?" Zeke asks.

"Oh, there he is," Claire said, and we looked at where she was looking.

My eyes widen and my lips parted when I saw who it was.

"Of course, it's you," Zeke said.

"Good afternoon, Russelle," Zandro said, smirking.

"Zandro, why did you do this?" I ask.

"Come on, Aqui. Let's get out of here," Zeke said, and then he pulled me out, but the booth coordinators stopped him.

"Bro, you can't do that. Zandro paid for this," they said to him.

"How much? I'll double it," Zeke said.

"He paid ten times more than the regular rate," Claire said.

"What a motherfucking show off," Zeke said.

"Hey, calm down," I said before I talked to Claire.

"Claire, how can I get out?" I ask.

"Zandro said that the only way you can be allowed to go is if you agree to go on a date with him today," she said.

"That's not going to happen," Zeke said, gritting his teeth.

"Mr. Alvarez, just let him do it. For god's sake, just think about the proceeds. This is the least you can do to help our booth. We didn't even ask you to help with the operation because you chose to help Elijah at their booth instead," some guy said.

Zeke was about to answer when suddenly, a group of people came to us and demanded Zeke.

"There you are, Russelle Alvarez. Come with us," a girl said, carrying a bowtie.

"What the fuck is this?" Zeke asks, frowning.

"You're going to get married to Ms. Zerena Monclair," the girl said, which shocked us.

"No, I am not," Zeke said.

"Oh, come on. Don't be such a killjoy," the girl said.

"You and your sister are both insane for doing this," Zeke mockingly said.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I am simply collecting payments. Elijah owed me a lot," Zandro said.

"What are you-?" Zeke said, but he got interrupted.

"I still have 99,900+ questions left, right?" Zandro said, looking at me.

"Can we do that for another day?" I ask.