authors note and tws

hey everyone and thank you so much for checking out this book!

whether or not you've come from the gc fic welcome! i really hope i remember to update this but i promise i will try! if not you can find me updating total drama dumbasses 24/7.

this is a noco fic where total drama never happened and is set at a university with the same cast and everything.

this is different from what i usually write (especially if you've come straight from the group chat fic). this one explores a deeper insight into mental health and uni because i feel like too many people have experiences like these and it's not widely talked about, even though it is a very big issue.

i felt like i wanted to write this a while ago but tacenda by atlasttolove really fueled this passion of mine so there are some similarities (def go read that book if ur a duncney fan) so thank you for inspiring me!

///

please be wary that this book includes -

- suicide attempts
- mentions of suicide
- mentions of sa
- self harm
- mental health issues
- eds 
- smoking
- depression

///

synopsis -

'poetry gives you the power to speak from your soul.'

noah sterecra has always felt like he was falling. he was nothing more than a wannabe poet with a suicidal attitude and a sarcastic voice who was just trying to desperately get through college without burning himself halfway through.

he never tested the rules, or played with any fire. he only did things because he had to, not because he wanted to, but he wrote his own stories and kept them dear to his heart.

'if it doesn't burn a little then what's the point of playing with fire?'

cody anderson finally has the life he's dreamed of after moving three schools. inside he's battling himself, his feelings, his body, but he won't tell anyone. he's toying with his emotions and twisting his beliefs, but nobody will ever know.

they think they've got each other worked out, but what if they're wrong? on the edge of graduation, they figure the world out together, or else they fall together.

///

playlist -

in this shirt - the irrepressibles 
sweater weather - the neighbourhood
sweet - cigarettes after sex
august - taylor swift
dandelions - ruth b.
glue song - beabadoobee
heather - conan gray
i found - amber run

///

without further ado, let's start this book :)