Part Six

Harry stayed in his quarters all weekend, asking the house elves to bring him food whenever he needed it. He only came out at night when he was sure all the other students were sleeping or at least in their dorms and went up to the astronomy tower under his invisibility cloak.

Like tonight, he waited until half an hour after curfew to head to the astronomy tower. He exited his quarters and headed for the tower, using his map to navigate the halls and avoid teachers on patrol.

He made his way up the stairs and froze when his eyes landed on a blonde-headed male sitting near the tower's railing. His back was turned to Harry, and his head hung low.

Harry took off his cloak and stood behind the other for a few minutes, not knowing what to say.

Taking a silent breath through his nose, Harry moved closer and sat beside him. The blonde looked over at him before looking back out into the dark. "Are you going to reject my father?" Draco asked, and Harry sighed.

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do. We have a less-than-pleasant past, but we haven't been anything but terrible to each other," Harry said softly.

"What about me?" Draco asked, and Harry frowned, turning to look at the older boy.

"What do you mean? What about you?" Harry asked, confused.

"I-if you accept m-my f-father, will y-you make h-him abandon me?" Draco stuttered out, tears in his eyes.

"Why would I do that?" Harry asked, not getting why Draco would ask such a question.

"Well, we are elves, and our mates are always veelas. So I read the books my father has on veelas. It says that if a veela finds its mate and that mate has another child with someone else, then the veela would normally reject the mate and the veela would see the child as a betrayal, or they would keep their mates but force them to reject the child too and start a new family. Some even go as far as to kill the child if it is young enough, out of rage or jealousy," Draco said, and Harry just stared at him open-mouthed. He could never imagine doing something like that.

"I understand; if you want my father to reject me if you decide to mate him, I have not been the nicest person to you since we first met," Draco said, his voice small and defeated.

Harry shuffled closer to him and wrapped an arm around Draco, "I wouldn't force your father to reject you, Draco." He said, "We have had a bad past, but he is your father. I wouldn't be so cruel to separate the two of you. Indeed, we haven't had the best past, but I am willing to look past that and call a truce."

Draco looked up at him and smiled, "I would like that," he said, and Harry nodded.

"Alright then, come on," he said, standing up and pulling Draco to his feet. He put his invisibility cloak over them and led Draco out of the tower.

"Where are we going?" Draco asked, whispering so that if any of the teachers were close, they wouldn't hear.

"My room," Harry said, making Draco come to a halt.

"Potter, I wouldn't be welcomed in the Gryffindor dorms," Draco protested.

"That isn't where we are going, trust me," Harry said, taking hold of Draco's hand and leading him to his quarters. He got the painting and whispered the password before pulling Draco in and removing the cloak.

"This is your room? How did you get your own quarters?" Draco asked in surprise, looking around the spacious area.

"I am the Lord of Hogwarts, and I can have my own rooms if required. I also don't have to stay in my given house. I can change if I want to, seeing as I am Lord to Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Heir to Slytherin." Harry informed him, and Draco stood there shocked.

"How come I never heard of any of that?" Draco asked, walking over to the couch and sitting down.

"I will tell you, but you have to make sure not to tell anyone until I say so," Harry said, and Draco nodded.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 690

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 8 am

When are you reading this?