Part Eight

Harry sat in the library in a secluded corner. Books were scattered on the table as he waited for Draco to come so they could work together on their Defense of the Dark Arts homework. He heard footsteps approaching his section and looked up, thinking it was the blonde.

"When are you going to do your part of the plan, Ginny?" he heard Ron ask, sighing. He really didn't want to deal with them right now.

"I am going to do it," he heard Ginny say. "I just need some more time because he is never at lunch or any other meal."

Harry rolled his eyes. He saw Draco walking towards him and motioned for him to be quiet. Draco sat beside him and frowned at Harry, raising a questioning brow. Harry pointed to the shelf behind them. Draco's frown deepened and became a scowl as he heard the voices.

"We have to go to Dumbledore tomorrow to tell him what's going on with Harry, and we have nothing to report." They heard Hermione say, and Harry frowned. He always figured that they were reporting back to Dumbledore, but hearing it out loud made it hurt a lot more than he thought it would.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Draco's concerned face. Harry stood and gathered his stuff, and Draco did the same. "I'll meet you back in my room," Harry whispered, and Draco nodded before walking off.

Taking a deep breath, Harry walked out of the section towards the door, passing Ron, Hermoine, and Ginny in the process. "Harry!" he heard Ginny exclaim and walked faster. He exited the library and headed towards his quarters.

He walked down the hall quickly and turned the corner. He saw Greg and Crabbe walking his way and sighed. He did not want to deal with the two right now. Though he got along with Draco, these two were still a piece of work. They thought he had secretly cast a spell on Draco to make him friends with him and turn to the dark side.

"Potter," Greg sneered when he saw Harry walking towards them.

Harry rolled his eyes at the feeble attempts to intimidate him.

"Goyle," said Harry, keeping his voice monotone and flat.

The two glared at him as he went by, and Harry simply shook his head. He heard footsteps behind him and frowned when he saw the three Gryffindors he had left in the library trying and failing to sneakily follow him.

Harry turned the corner at the end of the hall and laid his hand on the wall, opening a secret passage. He entered quickly and watched as the wall sealed behind him. He pressed his ear to the wall and heard footsteps go by before moving further into the passage. He followed the dimly lit passage until it came to an end. Placing his hand on the wall, it silently opened in his bedroom.

Sighing, Harry dropped his bag by the bed, took off his robes, and exited his room. Stepping out, Harry saw Daco sitting on the couch, staring into the fire. "Are you alright, Draco?" Harry asked, and the blonde jumped at his sudden appearance.

"Yeah, Just thinking," He replied, looking up at Harry.

Harry sat beside him and rested a hand on his shoulder, "Tell me what's wrong," Harry urged.

"My birthday is coming up a week before Christmas," Draco said, and Harry Frowned, not understanding the problem. "I am finally going to get my inheritance. Find my mate." Draco clarified, and Harry nodded.

"You are worried about finding your mate?" He asked, and Draco nodded.

"What if they don't want me? What if they decide that they could do better and reject me?" Draco asked, his voice cracking.

"I am positive that won't happen, Dray. You are a good person when you want to be, and I know you will treat your mate with respect and love, and they won't be able to help but fall for you," Harry said, and Draco smiled up at him, resting his head on his shoulders.

"I hope so,"

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 670

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 9 am

When are you reading this?