Prologue

Since birth all she had known was bloodshed

Ever since those two eyes opened, fear and terror filled those around her from the sight. Unusual.. some said at first, but as the priest picked her up from her mothers arms, he pledged

Cursed demon, you are no child of god, may your families blood stain the chapel walls to cleanse this world of your rotten being.

She flailed in his arms, whimpering before letting out a full-fledged, deafening shriek. If you heard it yourself, you'd think the walls would burst and shake. And they did.

A nun stood by, now limp as her body stains the stone floor, glass etched into her widened eyes, while blood flows down her face and pools around her. A man stood by, but was quickly suspended into the air, thrown up by a massive spike rising from the ground and stabbing him square in the neck. He flailed, gagging and gasping for breath as he clawed at the air, before his eyes closed, and his breathing stopped.

The priest yelped, dropping the baby that screamed in agony, and as the sound of bones breaking sounded, he fell down to the floor, his head rolling along the stairs and thudding against the floor.

But then, after terrifying seconds passed, her cries silenced, and it was suddenly, very, very silent. Her eyes were wide, filled with tears as blood covered her very being, her vision stained a deadly red.

Carol, the child of two beings. The moon and the sun. Carved into her eyes were they, one the lightest, sea-like blue, and the other a warm, dark brown.