Part Ten

Harry watched disgustedly as Ron ripped off a piece of chicken and chewed with his mouth open. He had only come to lunch because he had heard Hermoine saying that they had to go to Dumbledore during lunch to talk about him. But not even fifteen minutes into lunch, they had returned and forced themselves between Harry and the other Gryffindors sitting beside him.

"Could you have a little decency and close your mouth while you eat? Honestly, Ronald, you are like a pig," Hermoine said to the redhead, who paused to look at her before resuming his meal with his mouth closed.

There was a pop next to Harry, and he looked over to see a house elf standing there. "Headmaster sir said to give this to Master Potter sir," their floppy-eared creature said, handing Harry a note before popping away again. Opening the note, Harry read it.

'Harry, I would like you to come to my office today after dinner. I have some urgent matters to discuss with you.

Headmaster, Dumbledore,'

Harry huffed and put the note in his pocket. He knew there was nothing urgent for them to discuss. Dumbledore just wanted Harry in his office so he could try to talk him into doing things for the light. Sighing, Harry looked at Draco to see the blonde looking at him. He smiled at the blonde before looking at the teacher's table to see that Dumbledore wasn't there. He made eye contact with Snape, and the man gave him an unreadable look before looking away.

Lunch ended, and Harry quickly stood and exited the hall. He made his way to the herbology classroom, and Harry stood in the dark corner outside the class and waited for the door to open. He heard voices coming around the corner and watched as Hermoine and Ron came into view. "Do you see him?" Hermoine asked, and Ron shook his head.

"He must already be inside the class," Ron said as they walked right by him and into the class. Harry saw Draco and Blaise come into view next and step out of the shadows. Draco looked in his direction and smiled. It has been three days since they called the truce, and they have been getting along well.

"Hi, Harry," Draco exclaimed, moving closer to him.

"Hi Draco, how was lunch?" Harry asked, ruffling Draco's hair and making the taller boy pout.

"Watch the hair," he grumbled, trying to fix it. Harry just chuckled before looking at a confused Blasie standing a few feet away from them.

"Are you ok, Zabini?' Harry asked, and Draco turned to look at his friend, who was standing there looking back and forth between them

"What is happening here?" Blaise asked, and Draco looked at Harry, who nodded before looking back at Blaise.

"Harry is my father's mate," Draco said, and Harry thought the poor boy's mouth would hit the floor.

"Right," Blaise said, "We should get into class before we are late," he said before entering the herbology classroom.

"I have a meeting with Dumbledore after dinner. No doubt he has some plan to try and convince me to start being friends with Granger and Weasley," Harry said to Draco, who scowled.

"You don't have to go; if it's not school-related, then you don't have to go to his office, and you can report him for interfering with your education," Draco informed him, and Harry smiled.

"I know, but right now, until I have an actual plan, I don't want to do something too drastic," Harry said, leading Draco into the class and moving to take a seat beside Neville on the Gryffindor side of the room.

Harry spent the rest of his day avoiding Ginny, who kept popping up after all his classes and trying to flirt with him. It was now after dinner, and Harry made his way to Dumbledore's office. He said the password, and the Griffin moved to show the spiral staircase. Harry climbed the stairs and stopped outside the office, hearing voices.

Taking a deep breath and preparing himself, Harry knocked. He heard Dumbledore call for him to come in and enter the office, pausing when he saw two people standing there waiting for him.

"Hi, cub,"

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 689

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 10 am

When are you reading this?

𝓐 𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓗𝓪𝓻𝓻𝔂  [√]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें