Part Fifteen

It was Friday, and Harry woke up nervous. He lay in bed for a few minutes, smiling before climbing out and heading to the kitchen to make breakfast for himself and Draco.

The older boy has been staying in his quarters lately because of the others, Pansy, Greg, and Vincent. They have been hounding him for answers to why they hang out. And everybody in the school knows those three can't keep their mouths shut.

Unlike Blaise, whom Draco had convinced Harry, his best friend would never say a word about anything. Harry made breakfast, waffles, and fruit and laid them on the table just as Blaise and Draco walked in.

"Timing the food as always," Harry teased, and the two just rolled their eyes before digging in. Harry ate his breakfast with a wide smile on his face.

"Why are you smiling so much?" Blaise asked, looking at Harry curiously, making Draco laugh.

"He has a date with father tonight," Draco said, and Blaise laughed. Harry stuck out his tongue at both of them.

"I'm just excited. It's my first date." Harry said, "by the way. I need help picking out something to wear."

"Of course you do," Draco replied teasingly.

"Let's get to class," Harry said, rolling his eyes. He then went to his room, picked up his bag, and headed to the door just after Draco and Blaise left.

He went to the first class, potions, and sat in the back next to Neville.

"Hi, Harry." The chubby Gryffindor said, and Harry smiled at him.

"Hi, Nev," Harry replied.

"How have you been? We haven't had much time to take lately." Nev said, and Harry smiled apologetically.

"Sorry, it's just been busy. I've been trying to avoid Ron, Ginny, and Hermione," Harry told him, and Neville nodded understandingly.

"It's OK, Harry. I understand." Neville said, "I have heard them talking in the tower when they think everyone is asleep. Two nights ago, they said they must make you go to the Weasleys on Christmas. That way, you'll have to take some potion." The chubby boy told him, and Harry frowned.

"Thanks, Nev," Harry replied, grateful for a friend like Neville, who he knew would never betray him.

"Anytime, Harry, just be careful," Neville said, just as the door burst open and Snape stormed him in a flurry of dark robes.

"Today, we will be working in pairs." Snape began, and Harry watched as the onyx eyes roamed the room and landed on him before freezing.

Snape's eyes narrowed, but he never stopped talking. Harry stared into the onyx eyes as he felt a pull at his scar. He quickly turned his eyes away and focused on the cauldron before him.

⌚🕐🕑🕒🕓🕔🕕Time Skip🕕🕔🕓🕒🕑🕐⌚

After a tiring day of class, Harry returned to his rooms with Draco and Blaise. He sat in his bed while Draco searched his closet for an outfit for his date.

Draco gave him an outfit, and he showered and got dressed. He had thirty minutes left before his date.

He stayed in the living room and packed till Draco and Blaise got tired of him.

"Will you stop that? You're going to wear a hole in the floor." Draco said that after Harry had passed before him for the 40th time.

"Sorry, I'm just so nervous," Harry muttered, and Draco shook his head and stood from his spot on the couch where he was playing chess with his best friend.

He conjured up a bouquet and handed it to Harry before shoving him into the floo. He then took some floo powder and threw it into the fireplace before calling out, "Malfoy Manor."

Harry stumbled out of the other side of the floo before turning and glaring at it. He looked down at the flowers in his hands and sighed.

He looked around the room and took note of the Slytherin decor—silver, green, and black, with snake carvings. Harry heard a crash and the sound of something explaining. Reacting quickly, he rushed into the other room and came to a stop in the doorway.

He stood in the doorway to the kitchen. In front of him stood Severus, Tom, and Lucius, covered in flour from head to toe, looking confused.

"What happened here?" Harry laughed, and the three snapped their heads to look at him.

"Harry, when did you get here?" Lucius asked, eyes wide. His hair was white on the floor, along with his face and clothes, and so were Tom and Severus.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 720

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 12:30 pm

When are you reading this?