𝟒 | 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫.

Stop-lossAdjective

Stop-loss
Adjective

𝐔𝐒 • 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲
denoting or relating to a policy of forcibly retaining members of the armed forces on active duty beyond original agreed period of enlistment.

The Marines stopped using the stop-loss policy (other than the medical corpsman) on May 12th, 2003. As well as other branches in the military. However, when things were escalating quickly the orders were given across the board. The United States government were desperately trying to maintain order throughout the country as the people's way of life was being threatened from within.

It was to be a war like none fought before. That was proven when all branches were mixed together. The need for order had all available military personnel reassigned to their respective states. Nate, as well as all able bodies belonging to the armed forces must report to their designated cities. They were divided up and sent to the areas marked as top priorities. Nate's unit were assigned to Atlanta for 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 which cut his emergency leave short.

During a debriefing they were told that they were the first line of defense against the new virus. The government has calling them,

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞.

As if giving them an official title would make things business as usual. At least that's how they sold it to the media once soldiers hit the streets. The plan was to set up an emergency base with medical and military support. Some soldiers would be defending the safe zones, others would take to the sky for aerial support when needed and finally there were the troops on the ground. The military were combing cities for signs of the infected as the rest of the population panicked still left in the dark about the severity of the situation.

Nate had tried to explain it to Shane, but he himself hadn't seen much of the infection yet. The more cases that were found the city slowly became stomping grounds for the sick. Nate had been in the city living at hot zone Bravo for a couple weeks when things took a turn for the worst.

Orders were given quickly as it all happened so fast that the men and women were forced to open fire within their own beloved city. The main objective was to rid the city of as many of the infected as possible while trying to help civilians evacuate. But the trauma centers were quickly filling up. Those in uniform were being picked off by the dozens when the number of casualties skyrocketed. It passed the number of infected the military were capable of eliminating at one time making it impossible to stay ahead of it. The virus spread like wildfire but the government couldn't let that happen without a fight. The last order was given just before all communion with base was lost.