Chapter 67: Oops, He did it again

"Kate...", "I'll let you two be.", Stone left the scene. "What was that?", "He's a monster. He's completely changed. He's worse than how he first was. Worse than when we first met him. He's-", "Woah... Slow down... I thought you liked him. Where is all this coming from?", "No he's... Wait a minute, I do NOT like him. Where did THAT come from?", "OK, never mind. But... What happened?", "I...", she sighed, "I got a nightmare...", "What did you see?", he asked as he looked down at her, and their eyes met.

Caleb could see a little pond of worry in her eyes. "Are you going to cry?", "No, I'm not! I'm just... Scared...", "Kate, what did you see?", he asked in concern. "Stone was... Well, he almost stabbed you.", she said, as Caleb scoffed. "Stabbed me? Puh-lease! It should be the other way around.", "No, but, he just... You were lying on the ground and he looked at you with monster eyes! It was so terrifying... And horrifying!", "So... You were worried about me?", asked Caleb as he smiled.

"Of course, I was worried about you! Isn't that obvious?", "You're making something else sound obvious right now...", he said, grabbing her hands. "What do you...", she looked at him, as he smiled. "Caleb... FOCUS!", she said, "I am focusing... On you...", he said as he leaned in. Kate held her breath and closed her eyes. He whispered, "You look nervous. That means my tricks are working on you.", she gasped.

"Seriously Caleb?", she pulled away. "You look cute when you're serious... So continue.", he said, as Kate turned as red as a tomato. "Oh damn... Am I that good-looking?", "W-What? No! You're... Not...", she sighed. "Caleb... I think we should go to Cody and Steve.", "Why?", "Well because...", she looked here and there, peeked outside the tent, and then whispered, "I don't think Stone's the right guy... I think he's one of the bad guys...", "I mean, sure, why not... Listen, he isn't a 'bad guy', he's just a 'serious guy', alright?", he assured.

"Just... Get some sleep... We'll discuss everything else tomorrow, okay?", "Okay...", they said their goodbyes and rested for the night. Kate felt anxious the entire night, and sometimes even woke up to a nightmare. She thought everything would be normal if she sang songs and could sleep peacefully, but it didn't work out. She was stressed, and at last, she fell asleep around 4 am!

"Kate, time for breakfast. Wake up.", Caleb called out as he peeked into the tent, and left to set the table. Of course, Kate didn't wake up, after the very awful night she had. "Kate, I'm not calling out again!", he said standing outside the tent. "What's the matter with her?", asked Stone, in a little annoyed tone.

"She had a rough night yesterday.", "Apart from that?", "That's all.", Caleb went inside her tent. "Kate, wake up now, it's nearly 11 am-", "Alright! I'm up!", she said opening her eyes. Caleb was standing right above her and gave the most heart-melting smile. She saw his hoodie and thought of something naughty. "Your hoodie looks cute.", "So, I'm suddenly cute?", "I remember complimenting the hoodie, and not YOU.", she said as they laughed.

Then suddenly, Kate grabbed his hoodie and pulled it, hoping he would fall beside her, and she could get up and tease him... But instead of him falling beside her, he fell on top of her! Their faces were inches apart! "Woah...", Caleb gazed at her and held her wrists. Kate knew something was about to happen. She closed her eyes gently and Caleb leaned in slowly. Just as he could do anything...

"What's going on?", Stone came inside to check. Caleb pulled away, and Kate opened her eyes and turned all red. Caleb cleared his throat, and the two looked at Kate, who was blankly staring at the tent's ceiling, with her face still red. "Does she have a fever? Why is she all red?", "She's just...", Caleb looked at her, and scratched his head. "Just get out of this place, cause we gotta discuss things.", said Stone, as he went outside. Caleb looked at Kate, who looked at him with wide eyes, still shocked. He moved his head in such a way, that it signalled Kate, that they have to go out now, and that she'd have to get up now.