Chapter 5: The Five Ws

"How many more secrets are you keeping from me?"

Sebastian asked in a rather pained than furious tone. He had been played like a fool over and over. What was even worse was how the people he grew up with did not think he was worthy of these details.

A dangerous criminal. That was how he was treated.

'To be fair, that was true..." he scoffed sadly to himself, eyes wandering on the ground.

The female twin had been silent, looking back and forth between Sebastian and Lucy. An apologetic look had been sent her way by the blonde.

Guilt filled Lucy's orbs. She could almost read the brunette's face. She looked betrayed—a usual reaction from anyone who had been cornered. She heaved a deep sigh before finally forcing herself to talk.

"Anne, I—"

Her words were cut off as Anne ceased to listen, distracted by Eli wriggling out of her arms. She let the kid down and watched as she rushed over to her twin.

"Uncle Sebby!" she greeted; arms stretched towards the man.

This warmed Sebastian's heart. Finally, there was someone who was, at least, excited to see him.

"Hey, kiddo," he lifted the kid off the ground, giving her a spin in the air before attaching her to his hip. He reached out for the bag of Flavored Beans on the counter and gave it to Eli. "Got this for you like you asked me to."

His grin widened as she let out a tiny squeal in excitement over the simple gift.

Her antics lessened the tension in the area, and before Anne knew it, she felt elated to see her twin brother interacting with her child. Her smile, however, disappeared as soon as she realized that Sebastian seemed unfazed about Elizabeth's existence.

"You've met Elizabeth?"

His brows furrowed at the question, eyeing the blonde who had flinched at the question. "Ah, I guess our Slytherin princess here didn't mention that she and Eli ran into me at Honeydukes last week."

Lucy glared at him.

"Last week? Oh—!" she shifted her gaze to Lucy, who at the time, seemed occupied with sending telepathic curses at her brother, "So, he's the handsome prince charming. Lucy! Why didn't you tell me it was him?"

Lucy went back to sending her an apologetic look, while Sebastian and Eli grinned at each other. He gave her little nose a light pinch—pleased with their unspoken team-up.

"I wasn't sure if you're ready to talk about him, Anne. I'm sorry."

Anne heaved a defeated sigh and smiled lopsidedly at her. She knew where she was coming from. It must had been tiring for Lucy to get brushed off every time she brings Sebastian into the equation.

Quite frankly, she did want to reconcile with Sebastian for a while now, although she would have appreciated it if they gave her a chance to prepare for it. They had a lot to catch up on, and her mind had to be organized for that.

Anne plopped down on a chair nearest to Sebastian. She wanted to rest—her feet were killing her as she and Elizabeth had walked home, stopping by some shops for a little detour along the way. Yet she did not want to appear rude by fleeing.