how we met

A/N: hi this is me writing fanfiction™ when i goddamn could be doing anything else. but oh well. anyways-

this is a travis stoll x fem!oc fanfic, pls do not hate me on this but i feel like we cannonised tratie all by ourselves, and i think i could write it better so (no flex tho im literally an idiot) HOO OKAY ENJOY 

p.s: this probably co-relates to my other story, The Daughter of Hades, but i was planning on making another oc as the love interest there. This could probably be an au of that au. i didnt even know that could exist but uhm. okay.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Travis POV:

I saw her at the border first. She looked war-torn and battle-hardened but that wasn't the thing that drew me in. It was her smile. Her glorious, beautiful, youthful smile. I was there in the Dining Pavillion when Nico received the Iris Message from his sister. His sister from Tartarus. I saw her face then but didn't think much of it until now. Until now, when I saw her standing right across from me. Weary and bloody, but victorious no less, her crown glistened under the moonlight as she stood on the hill. Her eyes had an unearthly sparkle, her skin shone with a luminescent sheen, yet the only thing off-putting about her appearance was her hair. In the IM it was black. Now, it was silver. Weird.

Selena, I whispered. To no one but myself, making sure she was real and not some hallucination. Border patrol was a boring duty, but it was a necessary one. Sometimes it led you to see some exciting things- other times... not so much. This encounter was, to say the least... confusing. At one point I doubted she was even a demigod because she wouldn't step over the threshold, leading me to believe she was just a confused mortal with True Sight. But the scars littering her form caused me to shake that thought away.

She noticed me soon enough. Noticed my staring, more likely. She blinked a few times, probably making sure I was real too. It was 2 in the morning. I usually didn't expect visitors at so late in the night. Especially visitors from hell.

Don't get me wrong. I know she's a demigod. Demigods are like family. When our parent(s) don't look out for us, we make sure everyone stays happy and together. But I had a rough experience these past few years with primordials and titans so I'm not too eager to meet with her just yet. She looks at me one last time before crossing the threshold. I instinctively move forward, not threateningly, just to welcome her.

She takes a step back, maybe out of habit, maybe sensing a threat- but holds herself high with regal composure. Her eyes are the colour jade, but they shine as if they were the finest emeralds. I should know, I'm a Hermes kid. We're all about the shiny jewelry.

"Are you afraid? "

My eyes widen a little, but I shake my head. "No... you just- I mean it's 2 in the morning. I didn't expect you to come so late into the night." The corners of her mouth turn upwards, "Liar."

She looks around, expecting to see something else.

"Is everyone else asleep then?" I nod in agreement.

"I best not wake them then. Why are you outside anyway?"
"I'm on border patrol."

She smiled, as if wistfully, but it was rather pained. 

"Are you usually on border patrol at this time of night?"

Oh.

Oh no.