Prologue

"W-what?"
"What do you mean we're moving?"
"I think I don't understand well, can you repeat?"
"How do you think about accepting this job offer?!?" I said shouting the last question.

I couldn't manage to believe what I had just heard, the news was so shocking that I started asking one question after another. My father let out another sigh, he did this often lately as if he knew the reaction I would have to this news. His name is Luke Anderson, blonde with brown eyes, a beautiful person both in appearance and heart, he has always been a kind and patient person, unlike my mother, he has never yelled at me even though I know I am a difficult person to manage.

"Honey, I need you to understand that this is a once in a lifetime offer, it also gets me a better salary than my current job" "Hazel you know dad is having trouble paying his taxes after what happened with Katrine, It's lucky this job offer also gets us a house we wouldn't have to worry about taxes." Eloise said.

Eloise is my older twin by 3 seconds, as she likes to point out. We are very different in character, like our father, but I seem to have taken after my mother, which I don't like very much since I hate her. Eloise has dark hair and wears it in a bob, she doesn't like long hair, she considers it annoyng to manage . She is  heterochromia, the right eye is brown like our father while the left is ice blue like my eyes.

I knew Eloise was right that this was a good job offer, but I hate change, especially if that change takes you to live on another continent. "You only agreed because staying here reminds you too much of Katrina!" I said in an accusatory tone, before realizing what I had said and covering my mouth with my hands.

I shouldn't have said it, my father had tears in his eyes and if I continued he would start crying. Katrine has always been a sensitive point for my father, she was his ex-girlfriend, she would have been the perfect wife and stepmother, not like those in Cinderella type stories. But a month ago, a few days before their wedding, while crossing the pedestrian  she was hit by a car, drunk driving is what they told us. She had a series of operations that my father paid for because she was an orphan and had no one, which is why now we have difficulty paying taxes, money that was wasted because then a week ago her heart stopped beating.

"I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that" I said in a sorry tone. "No, you're right, maybe that's why I want to leave and it was selfish of me to force you to fly in another continent when I know you hate planes" my father said before going to his room, perhaps to continue doing the suitcases or crying thinking about Katrine.

"You shouldn't have said that" my twin tells me with a tone as full of disappointment as her look. "I know, I don't need you to point it out Eloise" "Instead I think I have to do it given how you behaved, if you don't want to come to Italy with us you can also stay in America you will go and live with our mother" Eloise said with an authoritarian tone and I knew I couldn't argue back.