Chapter 1: A Bridge and an Impatient Engine.

Introduction: The year is 1969, It had been 2 years since Thomas first went on a crazy Journey Beyond Sodor. Sodor was striving and was a hotspot for tourists and industrializing.

One morning, Donald was on his way to vicarstown. prior to heading off, he had been held up by a clumsy diesel who some how, managed to derail some conflats on the points, delaying all the engines at Knapford station. "Ugh," murmured Donald, "Those new diesels are no use, 'am 'ne time for their stupidity!" Donald was an impatiant engine who always thought he should complete his work right exactly on time. Donald soon found the branchline that connected Crosby all the way to Killdane, which was near Vicarstown. Donald saw this and took it.

The branchline connected the Marston Heights Coal Mine. So that was its only entrance snd exit. a few days ago, an old bridge on the line began to rot, as heavy rain and currents pushed and tugged on the supports. However, Donald, or anyone in fact, had known. So then Donald cam rushing down, whistling on how clever he thought he was. However, once he reached the bridge, it was far too late. He applied his brakes, and slid onto the bridge, where it collapsed in on its self!

No one was hurt, well never mind his drivers had bruises. Donald was badly damaged, his wheels and rods were messed up, and his boiler and tender were cracked. Soon enough, Donald was tooken away to the workshed where he awaited his repairs.

Donald's accident led to the coal trade on Sodor to drastically slow, so the Fat Controller knew that a new, quicket branchline had to be built, instead of upgrading the old one, which was far from saving. In the mean time engines couldn't cross the line. Having to rebuild the branchline, it would not only need a lot of Steel and sleepers, but also a big team.