Chapter 04

I was floating. What was going on??...

I can not move my body.

But I also feel at peace. Am I dead?

Wait, that can't be right. Can it?

Why can't I move? Well, that's a good question. Let's see ... nope.. blank... nothings hitting my mind.

I tried to open my eyes. It's not happening. I eventually gave up, and I suddenly felt even lighter.

Whatever it is, I will be alright....

I felt something heavy on my tummy. Something heavy is barring all movements. I tried to pry away from it only for it to tighten its grip on me. I started to panic. Then I felt the warmth behind me. And the breath that's blowing in my hair near my neck...

Was it him??.... Well, I guess it had to be him. I'm not moving anytime soon, just like he said. This was frustrating. I guess I have to stay until I fall asleep again. I kept my eyes closed and tried to breathe evenly.

It's too hot. No, it's too cold.... I must go.. I must stay. What in the actual heaven was wrong with me!?

"Do you want me to do something again.....?" He said, trighting his grip even more.

I didn't dare make squeak. "No." I said with a small voice.

"Then sleep."

I settled in and opened my eyes and closed them again.. and began thinking or rather, wishing for answers. I guess that was too boring for my mind because I fell asleep soon after....

Life was like a dream sometimes...

Things we ask for are not given to us always. Sometimes, you have to be stronger than fate. Alter the cause of your life so that you can make the decisions for yourself.

When I woke up the following day, the sun had already risen up. The room was silent. The warmth behind me was missing. That was a relieving feeling. I felt sort of happy.

I got up and went to take a shower. The bathroom was quite impressive, very clean, too. I opened the shower and the water was quite cold. But that'll do.

I took a long shower and brushed my teeth, then came out. There was a beautiful cupboard with carvings on the front panel. I opened it and found dresses looked to be my size and there were pants, shirts and blazers even. There was a drawer with undergarments. Everything seemed to be the size that fits me. I took the liberty of dressing myself up. The girl who helped me seemed to be missing.

After that I found a nice pair of leather boots. Got them on with some socks and walked out of the room.

The first thing I noticed was the dead silence. There was no sound nor movement from anywhere. so I walked along the hallway until I came to the staircase and climbed down.

The butler was nowhere to be seen either. This made me even more curious.

What is going on? Where is everyone?

"Are you doing well?" The question came from behind me. I turned around to see The General standing watching me in a way that you would watch something that you really owned and keep an eye out for......

"Yes, I'm alright. Thank you!" I said politely.

"Aren't you hungry?"he asked while walking towards me.

"I am. Can I get some food?"

He gave me a funny look and said, "You can eat whatever you want. After all this is your house as well... Stop behaving like someone picked you from an orphanage..."

"Thank you!" I said again. He suddenly stopped.

"You don't have to be too polite, Little Moon. Relax....."

I smiled and followed him. He entered through the same door as the butler yesterday, and it was the big door to the right. The door on the opposite side was the ballroom...

He went to the table and there was a silver bell that he took and rang. It gave a brilliant tinkling sound.

A door on the other side opened, and a maid entered. "Serve my wife whatever she wants to eat."

With that, he turned and left from the door we entered.

I was surprised at what he said. Obviously, he must be busy with work.. Well, it's good in a way. I felt a bit awkward to face him.... Maybe he felt like that, too.... Who knows.

I walked over to the same chair I was shown yesterday and sat down. Soon after, a maid approached me. "Madam, what do you like to have?"

"Do you have soup?". She nodded. "Can you serve me a bowl of soup with some bread?" She nodded again and left.

Well, here I was with no phone in hand. Lost to myself. Seriously, what am I supposed to do with my hands? I tried checking the surroundings. At least to familiarize myself.

The room was very big. The main table I was seated at was also long and big. I counted the seats. With the two master seats, the table had twelve seats all together... They were spaciously placed..

There were huge china vases on all four corners. Some ancient Chinese paintings were hung on the walls. Some of them were writings. Chinese calligraphy. It seemed to be in Ancient Chinese. The lights were lantern style. I could see how genuinely beautiful all this was. The same door the maid went in opened, but it was MinMin who came out holding a tray with a bowl of soup and some bread and butter.

"Hi... Where were you this morning?"

"Did you search for me, miss?"

"Yes...." I wanted to see what she would say. Her ultimate loyalty would be for the master of the house after all...

"I went to the market early in the morning to bring supplies and do the shopping. I bought lots of your favourite things..." She smiled and served me the items on her tray after I sat back down.

"Oh.. I see. Is the market far from the house?"

"No... No miss. You can ask the master to take you sometime."

"Sure.."

I tasted some soup. It was my favourite... inion soup with extra cheese. I devoured the whole bowl and two slices of bread.

"Miss, do you want more?"

I looked at her a little embarrassed.

"No, no... Haha.. This was amazing. Whoever cooked it must be a great chef."

She smiled widely and collected all the things back onto the tray and turned to me, "Miss, wait till I come."

I guess I have a babysitter now. I nodded and stayed seated. She went in through the same door and a few minutes later returned.

I stood up from my seat and walked out of the door, which led to the out of the dining room... I had a feeling that MinMin actually holds more love towards me. But maybe she was also threatened by The General because of my behaviour. Therefore, I need to win her back. If I'm going to be stuck here, at least I needed one friend....