Chapter 28. Escape

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • •

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah," Wooyoung turns away, letting a sigh roll though his lungs. "Just a second."

The past few days had been filled with stillness, nestled away in the safety of their shared apartment, counting down the remaining time they had left in the safety of their home.

After speaking to Hyunjin, Wooyoung and San went silent with their families. In a rush to seek some peace, San arranged to head back to the isolated cabin, escaping the burdensome anxieties that come with remaining in the heart of Seoul. The cabin would offer solace during the midst of their world crumbling at the seams, and all Wooyoung wanted to do was seek comfort.

They would leave for three days without notice, trying to avoid Sun-hee finding out about their absence, leaving without a trace. Hongjoong and Seonghwa would join them tomorrow, making this a shared escape from the pulls of reality that felt too overwhelming to bear.

Currently, Wooyoung was packing toiletries and other smaller, miscellaneous items into his carry-on, making sure everything was properly situated before zipping it closed and heading out into the living space. San had packed almost an hour ago, organizing a hotel for their driver and fixing the little details while Wooyoung took his time packing, thinking about every small little detail so they wouldn't have to leave the confines of the cabin's grounds.

With a breath, Wooyoung tucks away the last item, wetting his lips and closing the bag, taking the handles in his hand before turning and leaving the bedroom without another thought. Admittedly, he was nervous about leaving, knowing fully well that his parents wouldn't like the idea of any of this, but at this point, he wasn't sure if he cared all that much. His marriage to Lee Minho could wait, and they claimed that he had a month to figure out his own affairs, and escaping with his beloved was exactly what he felt he needed to do. He didn't care what he was risking, regardless of if it was the relationship with his parents or his financial stability; he didn't care. San was worth everything and more, and if his parents failed to realize just how much Wooyoung wasn't going to marry Minho, then that was on them. All he could hope for was that Hyunjin would uncover something, leaving the marriage to unfurl before Wooyoung's eyes.

"Let's get out of here," San says with a breath, holding his own bag that he had packed. "I want you to myself."

"You've had me to yourself for a couple of days, Sannie," Wooyoung muses, watching as the elder male laughs with a slight roll to his eyes.

"I know I have, love, but I want us to leave Seoul, if just for a moment. I want to enjoy us, without the chaos of our parents and the media. Just you and me, alone, under the stars, in the quiet of nature–"