Taeil - Moonlight Dreams

Category  --> Fluff, Midnight

Songs to listen to whilst reading --> Midnight Fiction by ILLIT,  The Rainy Night by NCT 127, Late Night Talking by Harry Styles  

It was night time, Taeil's favourite time of day. He never knew what night would give him. The last time he came, he was able to come up with a song... that never ended up becoming of use. Instead it got forgotten... ceasing to exist. Just like him. It was as if society had forgotten him for a few seconds as he stood in that pitch black, the engulfing coldness wrapping him like cling film, his hands shaking violently as he shoved them into his coat pockets, watching the stream of the Han river pass. He sighed, the cloud of air forming in front of him. He turned around, noticing a group of girls seemingly walking back from a club, a drunk girl stumbling about as she giggled. They soon left the girl, the girl bursting into a flood of tears as she collapsed on the deck which led onto the river. Taeil awkwardly stared at her before walking over.

"Excuse me... do you need any assistance?" He looked at her, slightly worried. Y/N gazed at him, before flooding tears out again. "Just to let you know, I'm engaged as of tomorrow!" She shrieked, looking at him. He paused. "Oh... well congratulations"

"No! This is not good! I don't want to be engaged to that scumbag! I saw him... today... he cheated on me... "
She bursted out in another flood of tears, Taeil pinching his nose bridge before looking to her. "Look... it can't all be that bad. See, at least you're not about to commit yourself to a lifetime engagement with this supposed "scum". Just think about how bad that could've been" he smiled as he said this.

"Fair..." she wiped a few of her tears away, seemingly beginning to sober up. "I'm Y/N, and you?"

"Taeil. Moon Taeil.... Do you want to come on a walk with me?"

"Sure."

*****
They began to walk together, the moonlight shining down on their skin, Taeil's glowing an eminent silver, his smile contagious as Y/N smiled back at him. The breeze had seemed to calm a bit, the cold of it blowing against them in waves. They soon stopped at a bench which faced the river, Y/N beginning to speak.

"So... why are you out this late? You don't seem drunk of any sort..."

"I like going on walks at night. It makes me feel... forgotten. Like no one will interrupt me or try to engage conversation with me... yknow?" He looked to her "but I don't think it was necessarily achieved tonight."

She laughed, "God I apologise... how can I make it up to you?"

He turned to face her "I'm not sure... how about we get to know each other a bit more first?"

She smiled and nodded. "Sure... I'd like that."

As the night went by, 00.00am soon turned to 1.30 am, as their discussion seemed to progress into the most random and sometimes most sensitive topics. They went from their favourite foods to their losses, their dreams and hopes, the subject soon falling onto the song that Taeil had written.

"Who did you write it for?" Y/N spoke, leaning over to look at him more closely.

"My old friend." He brought out a book, the pages crumpled, words scrawled on each page in a strange yet interesting fashion. The cover was green, and on the first page was a small picture that was tucked into a sleeve. It showed Taeil when he was younger, a boy next to him with a cheeky grin and big boba eyes. Y/N stared at the photo, wondering who the extra person may be. "Do you want me to sing it to you?"

"Please."

Taeil began to sing, his voice echoing amongst the navy darkness, his eyes sparkling as he thought about his friend, the one he went to military with, the one that had always been there for him. Until the day that this friend had vanished, he had truly loved him. Cared for him. Yet... he would never see him again. For at least, he knew that the friend was gone. Forever. And he didn't want his mind to linger much longer on it. He finished singing, slamming the book shut as he tried to contain his tears, looking to her. "I'm sorry... my friend was very important to me. I hope... that song was able to"

"It did. Don't worry. Your voice... was beautiful. You should do singing as a career."

He looked to her.
"That was my dream... I don't know if I'll ever be able to fulfil it again. Things changed after my friend disappeared. Including me."

"That doesn't mean you should give up though." Y/N spoke, "I'll support you, no matter what. See... you helped me today. I want to help you here, and now."

Taeil smiled.
"I appreciate it. Thank you."

*****

It was nearing 2.00 am now, and Taeil and Y/N began to walk away from the river, toward Y/N's house. They began to talk about true love, and soon fell onto the question of the red string.

"Do you believe in that, the red string?" Y/N said as the discussion began to progress.

"I mean... I think so." He said. He turned to her. "I think I know how you can make it up to me"

Her eyes glinted a bit in the darkness. "Go ahead... tell me. I apologise for breaking what was your alone time."

He smiled.

"Come for a walk again with me... Will you?"

She nodded.

"I'd love that."