New Job

"And you should be all set, on your go Miss y/n!" Pepper says giving me a warm smile and you return one. Walking to the elevator you press for level 20 where the supposed avengers should linger.

Once arriving you walk through with your bags in hand and slowly look around peering past
one wall to see the bar and then the lounge in front of you yet no one in sight. That's weird. You guess they are probably all out. Pepper told you that your room would be obvious but you had no idea what that meant.

Seeing to your left what looks like a hallway for bedrooms you look through and see one on the right at the end... the frame covered in pink bright fairy lights. Looks inviting, you think to yourself as you turn the door knob and see a plain room with a bed tucked over to the far right and a closet on the left with mirrors on.

Right in front of you is a window filling the whole wall with grey curtains on either side. Taking a step in the lights automatically light up and a voice makes you yelp.

"Welcome Miss y/n! I am JARVIS, Mr Starks artificial intelligence. JARVIS stands for 'Just A Rather Very Intelligent System'. Mr Stark has asked me to pass on his apologies for not being available at the moment and how he has had this room spotless for you to decorate how you must."

Looking around to see where the voice came from you put the bags down,

"Are you okay Miss?" JARVIS asks. Still confused.

"Are you.. alive?" You look to the ceiling and around the room searching for JARVIS.

"No miss i am an AI. But i can respond to any questions you may have or requests."

"Do you have cameras in here?" You ask slightly curious to what you can find.

"Those are private and no not in the bedrooms. Anything else Miss?" You sigh placing your hands on your hips and you look out the window, pursing your lips.

"No that's okay JARVIS." You say.

"Of course." He replies leaving you alone in the room in silence.

When the man, he called himself 'Director Fury' had intruded in your home just sat on your couch you immediately went on high alert. But when he had offered you to partake in the avengers initiative, you hadn't been so violent. He seemed calm and content of himself so you sat down as he discussed with you.

After a few weeks you kept dodging his calls until you walked in your house to find him standing there in the hallway looking... not so pleased.

"You don't ignore Nick Fury," he had told you and you simply told him to leave but he didn't budge. You had started dialling 911 until he had reminded you he was 911. Eventually after some consideration you had agreed but Fury had been vague on his initiative. Why hadn't he asked for you before New York a month ago? Why did he want you now? What was he hiding?

That you did not know but you did care. You also did not know how he knew of your... talents.

Shaking off the thought you bring your duffel bag to the bed and open it up. You grab your grey sweat pants and a black sports bra, changing into the attire. A few hours go by and you drift off to sleep.

———

You wake up to your phone as you forgot to turn off your alarm. Reaching for it under your pillow it then slides down, falling under your bed. Groaning you bend over to look under your bed as you reach for your phone finally turning off the alarm.

Sighing in relief you grab it sitting up in your bed. You set your phone down in your lap, rubbing your eyes to wake up. You see a light of green catch your eye but when looking up it vanishes.

Shrugging it off you stand from your bed and walk over to the mirror seeing your, not so tidy state. Your hair is knotted as you try flatten it with your hands and you soon realise that Tony is probably back and this is your time to make a first impression and it has to be good.

Rushing to your other bag by the door you search for a hairbrush and your makeup. Quickly finishing you go over to your duffel bag at the end of the bed, you grab your outfit which is a leather tight skirt with matching knee high boots and a white button up shirt with rolled sleeves.

Sliding your hands down your hips you look at yourself feeling confident. You reach for the doorknob until you are interrupted.

"Good morning Miss!" JARVIS says to you opening up the curtains.

"Morning JARVIS. Has Tony arrived here yet?" You ask to be prepared.

"Yes Miss y/n. He has returned." JARVIS answers.

"Thank you JARVIS, that will be all." You say closing the conversation, starting to have a feel for JARVIS.

Finally turning the knob you turn left to head into the kitchen and see a red head woman in a black vest and leggings holding a coffee mug on the counter top. She looks up to you in slight confusion for a moment then her face lights up. She walks over to you,

"Hello, you must be y/n! I'm Natasha," she says holding out her hand but you don't take it. You stare at her hand and smile it off and she looks at you slightly confused but she doesn't word it.

"Have you met Tony yet?" She asks taking a sip from her mug. You shake your head replying,

"No not yet, i was just looking for him." You answer her but all she does is roll her eyes.

"Don't bother, his ego is bigger than the whole of New York." You let out a chuckle and she smiles with you, then pointing her finger at you.

"I like you." She says in a light tone the walking away with her coffee, leaving you in the kitchen.

You walk over to the fridge and grab a water and see a doughnut with red white and blue sprinkles and a note saying '- Steve'. You leave it alone for now not wanting to intrude on someone's food.

"Hey JARVIS?" You call out closing the fridge and opening the water bottle.

"Yes miss?" He replies.

"Could you locate Tony for me? I'm surprised he hasn't seen me yet. Does he know i'm here?" You ask taking a sip of your water.

"Mr Stark is busy modelling Mark 37, his latest medal and he is aware of your presence." JARVIS answers and you press your lips together, that's odd. Why didn't he want to talk to me last night? Or this morning?

"Could i see him?" You ask JARVIS.

"Of course. He has not put on 'do not disturb geniusness' mode on." JARVIS replies as you register what JARVIS said, wow Tony does have an ego.

Walking to the elevator, JARVIS takes you to floor 34. Looking out the window of the elevator, you see the city and the destruction caused by.. was his name Loki? Yes that was it.

You look to the right of the window and see a reflection of a ma but as you quickly turn around, no one is there. You swear you just saw someone, you went crazy, yet.

"You have arrived Miss y/n." JARVIS addresses you, pulling you from your thoughts and you leave the elevator stepping into a... mess.