Introduction: Aftermath

“I’m tired of all this,” that’s what I told myself when I decided to start this project. I was tired of being different, tired of being alone, being the only person who could understand and see the world as I could. I mean, why was I the only person. Everyone told me I was crazy for what I did and what I told others. When people tell you you’re insane, it's easy to ignore them, but when they keep on telling you, you start to hear them in your head. Their voices mix with the ones already there, and, well, it's easier to believe it when it’s yourself telling you you’re insane. So, I started to believe them, and one day, it hit me. Such a simple idea I, I was astounded no one had thought of it before. Everyone is insane. We put up this charade of sanity, but it's not really there. You all are just as crazy as I am. I just needed to prove it. Then I found it. I found hipokte. It’s the key that can finally free the world from this delusion it had created for itself, and I and hipokte are going to be the saviors of the imprisoned. But more than all of this, I will finally have people understand me. How wonderful today will be.”

The following is a transcript recorded by the defendant the morning of the incident. This evidence has been given to the [redacted] police department to be submitted to the circuit court at the time of the hearing.
On April 12, [redacted], Mason [redacted], born January 9, [redacted], did knowingly and with malicious intent, commit on act of domestic terrorism by filling [redacted] High School, with a hallucinogenic gas of unidentified origin, stated by the defendant as “hipokte.” Mason was arrested by authorities and is currently undergoing psychiatric therapy to determine whether the defendant is fit to stand trial or should be admitted to a ward.