Chapter 1: Goodbye Major

"Major cut the connection. He wouldn't want anyone hearing that." Raiden said over the para-raid.

"You're right." she replied as she cut off the connection.

While the rest of the Eighty Six all stood still wondering what was to come next after miraculously surviving their suicide mission, Kurena bolted into her Juggernaut and went off as quick as she could towards Shin.

"Kurena wait!" Riaden yelled as he rushed toward his Juggernaut to stop her. However, he was stopped when Anju stopped him with a grip on his shoulder.

"Let her go Riaden, they both need this right now, stopping her will only make it worse later."

Finally arriving at Shin, Kurena got out of her Juggernaut and sprinted towards him forcing the hatch open before embracing the surprised Shin in a hug.

"Wha- Why. Kurena, why are you doing this?" Shin managed to get out through his tears.

"I- I don't know, my body kinda just moved on its own." exclaimed Kurena as she started tearing up too at the sight of a bloodied-up Shin.

No more words were shared between the two as they held onto each other both with their own issues. One wonders how to be seen as a woman, the other wonders what purpose his life has now that his goals are complete.

After a long time of silence, Kurena went back to her Juggernaut and they both made their way back towards the group.

"Is it time?" questioned Raiden over the para-raid as he saw the two juggernauts in the distance.

"Fido, did you bring everything we need for the trip?"

"Beep Beep, Boop!" replied the "robot-dog" with a jump

"I want to see the ocean!" exclaimed Kurena as they started moving towards the unknown.

"You know, laying on a beach would be super exciting, sunbathing in the sun living my best life!" laughed Anju.

"We'll have plenty of time for all of that," said Shin with a slight smile on his face for once.

Looking over, Raiden could do nothing but smile at himself seeing this new Shin actually smiling.

While the 5 Eighty Six joked and laughed all carefree, "Wait, where are you going? Guys? Please, wait for me!" cried Lena to no avail as she heard the distinctive click of the para-raids.

Watching the group of 5 disappear off her radar, Lena could do nothing but try and catch up to them. Stopping on a bridge, she collapses panting heavily, tears in her eyes wondering why they left her. Was she not good enough?