𝟕 | 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬.

It wasn't long for the rest of camp to return back to their usual routine after Rick and the guys left

It wasn't long for the rest of camp to return back to their usual routine after Rick and the guys left. Things seemed to be pretty calm now that Ed was silenced. He hadn't come out from his tent since the encounter his face had with my white knuckled fist.

"Man, I don't ever want to hear from you like that again. No more goodbyes, all right?" Shane said as he and I stood by Dale's RV.

I smiled more now within the three hours we've been at camp, than I did in the past two months combined. "After the call dropped I hulk smashed my phone against the wall. Couldn't call to say goodbye even if the world magically returned to normal and the cell towers reconnected."

Shane's serious expression slowly crept into an amused one. He looked down to the ground trying to conceal his laughter. "You're an idiot. I'm being serious. We ain't splitting up again." He looked up to me.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Dimples appeared with my tight smile.

The group of new arrivals were given warm welcomes as the others showed them around. As Shane and I spoke a few of the new faces swarmed around a couple feet from us. "Nate," A woman interrupted our conversation.

I turned my head to see concerned looks being expressed. "What's wrong, Claire?"

"They want to split us up." Her brows raised to me as her face paled.

Lori came up beside her to help fill in the blanks. "They've only got three tents between all of them. We're thinking we could divide them up amongst the ones here that aren't full. That way no one is sleeping outside."

Shane's eyebrows frowned as he wandered what she was worried about. "You prefer sleeping in the dirt or something, sweetheart, What's wrong with that? You can..."

Claire locked eyes with the man who spoke with a little snicker. "If your next words involve offering me a spot in your tent, you'll be the one sleeping in the dirt." She raised her brows giving a sarcastic smile while tilting her head sideways slightly.

Lori's hand shot to her mouth to catch her laugh before it could release. She tried not to look over to me knowing that if she did, she'd not be able to hold back.

Shane's eyes widened in amazement at the woman's bold response. He couldn't lift his jaw off the ground as he looked over to me.

I wore an amused wide smile. Meeting Claire's eyes I admired the woman who completely destroyed Shane in an impressed manner. Laughter roared out of my chest before excitedly turning to see the look on his face. I knew it would be worth a million bucks.