Kestrelstep's Fear(Prologue).

Little image up there is what the cover would've looked like back then.
I think this was originally made in????? 2021????? That seems like the likeliest year just based on the evolution of my art style.

Fun fact: I spelt prologue like prolougue back then because I pronounced it so weirdly for some reason and just could never understand why it'd be spelled prologue instead of prolougue.

Also, now that I look back on this, TripRock being the name of the leader's rock is pretty crazy for this story in particular.
The story has changed quite a bit since I've written this, of course. I don't know if I'll ever actually full on write out the entire thing. Maybe if this whole 'Old Chapters' thing gets positive attention.

Old, unedited description:

Kestrelstep never fully understood the reason why he was being hunted down, but he's seen what's happened to them, he cannot let the same thing happen to him.
After all, maybe if he survives long enough he can finally figure out the answers to his weird kithood.

I decided to rate this book mature because of:
Blood/gore and violence.
If you don't like either of these things it is advised to click away and find something else to read.

If anything else triggering appears in this book I will add it onto the list.
If I missed anything triggering, please let me know.

~•°-----------------------------------------------°•~

A gray cat sat on the TripRock, looking below at the cats gathered around him. If you were close enough you might've been able to notice a small smile on his face. Though that smile soon disappeared and was replaced by a restless flick of the tail.

"I, dep-" The gray cat soon was interrupted by a hiss so he turned around only to be met by two vicious fangs. With a yowl he fell off TripRock as he clawed at what had attacked him.

When he finally hit the ground a sickening crack could be heard.

He had fallen right on the back of his neck.

Everycat seemed shocked. The gray cat hadn't even been able to pick a deputy before that happened. Was he dead?

A few cats jumped forward to pry off and kill his snake attacker, others staying back but still watching the scene.

The medicine cat, a gray tabby she-cat with light gray markings, stepped back from the leader. her eyes dark with sorrow.

"He's dead!" She yowled, throwing her head back in distress. "He's dead!"

A faint glow appeared on TripRock but only one cat noticed. A yellow tabby she-cat with light brown and white markings.

She knew that light wasn't him.