𝟖 | 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭.

"You'd let me ride with you?" Carl asked

"Absolutely not." Lori crushed his spirit with a smile.
We were sitting over by the fire pit with a few others at this point.

I had just got done telling Carl about one of my favorite things to do when having free time. Taking my bike out for a ride.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Yeah Lori, why not? You loved being on the motorcycle." I asked playing dumb as if I didn't just call her a hypocrite.

"Nate!" She whisper yelled with a fake look of betrayal. Her wide smile ruining the performance. "That's different. I was much older."

"How much older?" Carl asked trying to figure out long he'd have to wait.

Lori being the kind of girl who doesn't like to be reminded of her age didn't answer right away.

"Yeah Lori, how much older were you? That was forever ago. I can't remember." I teased.

Her hand swung clipping me in the arm playfully the same time we seen the sisters walking over.

Andrea and Amy came with a line of fish from their canoe trip. Everyone was thrilled to eat anything other than Daryl's squirrels, me included in that category.

A round of applause and gratitude for their success made things cheery for a change. I don't remember the last time I genuinely enjoyed a day.

"Thank Dale. It's his gear." Andrea said as they did a little happy dance over a job well done.

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Lori asked.

I leaned in lowering my voice sharing a comment with just Danny who sat beside me. "Still want to kiss the one responsible for not eating road kill?"

"Our dad." Amy chimed in as she looking over at Danny who was distracted chuckling at what I said. Lori and I both noticed the look of disappointment on her face as Danny sat oblivious.

"I, uh... don't want to alarm anyone but we may have a bit of a problem." Dale quietly said when approaching the group of laughter.