𝟗 | 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝.

Darkness started to fade as dawn approached

Darkness started to fade as dawn approached. The sun slowly rising as if it were a new beginning. For those who found themselves lucky enough to survive the night it was just a continuation of hell. No one slept. How could they?

The immediate danger had been taken care of but the images and sounds it cursed upon each person haunted them. The possibility of death playing cat and mouse with their sanity when some didn't have much much to begin with.

"Andrea I'm so sorry. She's gone. You gotta let us take her. We are cared for her and I promise we'll be as gentle as we can." Andrea made no effort to acknowledge Lori before she gave up and walked away.

Daryl with a pickaxe and Nate with his knife were going around making sure the dead stayed gone and the fallen didn't turn. They'd stab the brain of each walker before T-Dog and Glenn tossed the bodies into the large pile of burning corpses.

Concern grew for Andrea amongst everyone. She hadn't left the body that once homed the spirit of her sister. No one knew how to handle the delicate situation either.

Rick tried to approach her which ended as quickly as it started. A gun in his face as she threatened him. "I know how the safety works." He retreated to the group slowly backing away as he apologized.

"Let's go. We got some work to do." Daryl carries a shovel walking by the group.

"We can't just leave Amy like that." Shane lowly says.

Nate wipes the sweat from his forehead with the bottom of his shirt before he headed over to her slowly with a half full bottle of water.

In the same position as he watched his brother get into he still dared to squat down while she kept the gun on him. "If you don't want to move right now that's okay. No one will make you, I promise."

"Try to drink something okay?" She lowered her gun slowly but not fully as she looked back to her sister.  He placed the bottle at her side. "Take the time you need to say goodbye. I'll check on you in a bit."

He didn't wait for her to speak which she appreciated. Her words weren't needed to know she wasn't ready.

"We don't burn them!" A distraught Glenn snapped when Daryl and T-Dog were dragging one of the camps lost into the same burn pile as the walkers.

Daryl snapped in response, "You reap what you sow. Ya'll left my brother for dead. You had this coming."

Everyone was trying to deal with their grief in their own way. Some with sadness and others with anger.
Some were just too exhausted to cope as they set themselves on auto pilot.