Author's Note

This is my first attempt at making a fanfic about an anime, so apologies in advance if it turns out not that great (If I even get that far into it to begin with).

I love Demon Slayer, and I've always thought about possibly making a fanfic around it, but just never got around to it. Since the Hashira Training Arc is right around the corner, I figured now is as good a time as any to do so. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm sure we all can agree that the arc that comes after will be amazing when it gets animated.

In case you haven't figured it out from the title and summary, this will be a role swap between Tanjiro and Akaza, A.K.A. Hakuji where he is the main character and Koyuki has been turned into a demon. This will still take place in the Taishō Era like the anime. No other characters are going to be swapped aside from Hakuji, Koyuki, and the Kamados, so don't go into this expecting Gyomei to be Upper Moon One or Gyutaro being the Poison Hashira or something like that. Every other character aside from the ones mentioned above will still have the same roles they had in the original story.

I will, however, make changes with the characters themselves in terms of character interactions and their involvement in the story. Obviously, since Hakuji's personality is different from Tanjiro's, this will result in some changes in the way he interacts with certain characters.

I'm also going to be making changes to the overall story itself such as adding more arcs and giving characters like Genya and Kanao more of a role to play in the overarching story. In Koyuki's case, I'll try my best to make her an actual character and not just a plot device to move the story along. Hopefully, I'll do what I can to make many of the characters feel more fleshed out than they did in the original story.

Anyway, hopefully, this'll be an interesting read for you guys. I see a lot of fanfics where it's just Tanjiro and Nezuko swapping roles which is fine, but lately, I've been curious about how a relationship like Hakuji and Koyuki's would play out if they were in the same situation as the Kamado siblings.

Obviously, I don't own Demon Slayer or the characters in it apart from any OCs I create.

Anyway, enjoy!