New Year (1)

I was going into your sixth year. The year I told youself would be different from the others. The summer had been amazing, meeting up with friends, going on holiday, and no Mattheo. The boy who had been the source of my misery since the first year. The teasing turned to insults and sabotages, the occasional duel and over the years our hatred for eachother grew. We were known throughout the school to be enemies but this year I promised myself to not let him get to me, to keep him as far from my life as I could.

The train ride was as normal, sitting with the same group of people i had since first year. Talking the whole time about bits of the summer we hadn't already told each other. Laughing, joking, just overall having a nice time. The thoughts of Mattheo pushed out of my mind for the most part.

The train arrived at the station and I got off with your friends, making my way to the castle. It was a routine I was familiar with by now. The boys walked ahead while me and Pansy walked slower to keep talking, mainly about her new found relationship with Draco. I'd known they had liked eachother for a long time so it wasn't a surprise they were finally together.

I couldn't help but wonder if this was the year i'd find love. After all, I was 16. Although I knew all of the boys in my year and no one particularly stood out, maybe some had changed over the summer. Maybe there was someone willing to give me it all, sweep me off your feet, take me by surprise.