Chapter 9

[Cameron's POV]
Basically nothing had survived.

Whoever or whatever started the fire knew what they were doing and had managed to burn her entire home to the ground.

"There's nothing left. Everything's been burned." Cameron told Herobrian, stepping carefully over piles of burnt wood.. "Nothing survived."

"I'm sorry, Cameron." Herobrian said, his white eyes meeting Camerons gaze.

"What're we gonna do now?" Cameron asked.

Herobrian sighed, seeming to be thinking. Soon, he spoke. "I have an old family cabin. It's secluded, surrounded by woods, but it's something. If you're willing, we can go there. Do you trust me?"

Cameron was quiet, thinking. There wasn't anywhere else she could go, necessarily. And oddly enough, she trusted Herobrian. She barely knew him but there was something deep inside her to trust him.

"We can go." Cameron said. "I trust you."

Herobrian nodded and stepped towards her, hand outstretched. " What're you doing?" Cameron asked.

"I'm going to teleport us there. Is that okay?" Herobrian asked.

Cameron, understanding, nodded and Herobrian gently gripped her arm. A second later a vwoop noise was made and Cameron's stomach jumped as she felt the ground disappear from under her feet.

The ground reappeared under her feet and Cameron stumbled, feeling dizzy. "Oh that was weird."

Herobrian chuckled and Cameron could feel her heart skip a beat, her cheeks getting heated as she blushed. Looking over at the cabin to hide her heated face, she felt her embarrassment dissolve into awe.

In front of them was a beautiful two story wood cabin with a white chimney. "It's beautiful." Cameron said, taking in the details.

Herobrian shrugged, walking up the front steps. "It's nice, I guess."

Cameron stared at him, shocked, before rushing over to him. "You guess!? Herobrian, this is an amazing cabin. It's freaking gorgeous."

Herobrian laughed again, holding his hands up in defeat. "Alright, alright. It is a beautiful cabin."

Cameron nodded, accepting his response. Going into the cabin, Cameron looked around at the decor. There were two leather couches with a round wood coffee table with a dark white rug trimmed in black underneath with a TV mounted on the wall above a fireplace.

The kitchen had a matching theme as the living room with a table in the middle of the kitchen, white rugs along the sides. The counters were a brown granite with brown counter stools along the open section, with matching cabinets. A white fridge and a black and silver stove completing the look.

"This is your family cabin?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah." Herobrine said, taking two glasses from a cabinet and filling them with water.

"Do you have any family who might come?" Cameron asked, taking the cup.

"I have a brother, but he doesn't usually like to leave the house so we should be fine." Herobrine said, leaning against the table.

"Who's your brother?" Cameron asked.

"Don't worry about it. I don't like to talk to my brother, I'm more on a low contact basis with him." Herobrine said, and Cameron got the message. Don't talk about his brother.

"Want some lunch?"

A/N:

Chapter update! 🥳

I hope you enjoy!

Word Count: 523

~GingerCat_05