The night.

I was asleep. It was late night. I was peaceful. Suddenly, I heard some knockings on my bedroom door. I got extremely scared, as there was no one one in the house instead of me. I managed to build up some courage and sweeped my blankets off me as I got up and sat right straight up on the bed. I reached out my hand to turn on the night lamp which was always there beside my bed. But when I tried to, I found out that there was no electricity!

I got even more scared as there won't be any light and I broke into a cold sweat. Still, building up some courage in me, I got back up and stood on the wooden floor. I started walking and reached my door. I twisted the doorknob and opened the door a bit to take a look out. I peeped outside and saw absolutely nothing!

I opened the door fully and started looking around if there was anything. I saw nothing and so I decided to close the door. Just as I was about to close it, I felt something tingling between my feet. I got so scared that I jerked out and freaked as I stepped back.

I looked down below just to find out that it was my cat. I remembered that I had left it out and forgot about it.

I was so relieved to find out it was nothing as I went back to bed and slept the whole night through. It wasn't a scary night after all, or was it?

Later, that following morning, I woke up and got out of bed. Then I went to the bathroom to freshen up. Then I headed out to breakfast and sat on the dining table. I had gotten my bowl of cornflakes ready and I started eating.

Just then, I realized, that my cat had died 3 years back when I was with my family. Then.... Then how?...... How was it back there?....... It can't be right?....... I thought as I broke into a really cold sweat with wide eyes and I nearly choked on my cornflakes.

~ The End ~