1.10

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"ᴬⁿᵈ ʷʰᵒ ᵇⁱᵗᵉˢ ⁱᶜᵉ⁻ᶜʳᵉᵃᵐ, ʸᵒᵘ ᵖˢʸᶜʰᵒ?"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Gabby had never liked planes and this was no different, but as they neared Hartford, she was started to think the butterflies in her stomach were more for the boy waiting for her rather than the idea of plummeting to her death in a metal tube. She shifted again, fiddling anxiously with her skirt, and probably annoying the girl next to her to death. 

"Hey, is your boyfriend picking you up?" Tia Weaver was the grade above and had been her roommate/buddy for the entire trip. She was a year older, and was on the list for Gabby's birthday, seeing as Tia was on the hockey team. They had grown somewhat closer over the four days and Gabby was glad they had been stuck together. 

"I don't have a boyfriend." Gabby frowned, confused. 

Tia smiled slyly, "Oh sorry, I just assumed the boy you called everyday whilst you were on a school trip may be romantically involved with you." 

"He wishes." Gabby snorted under her breath. 

"Callum Johnson right? I'm in most of his classes, when he shows up." Tia hummed, turning back to her magazine. "I hear him talking about you to his mates at school, my friend Ava is dating his friend Phillipe and he said the same thing." 

"I mean- I only met him last week, so-" Gabby trailed off, looking at the older girl next to her. 

Tia just smiled, "Come on, Gabs. Don't be dense." 

"He's picking me up so we can go on a date." Gabby blurted out suddenly, looking out the window at the sky. 

"I knew it." Tia laughed, shoving the magazine into the pocket of her backpack and checking her watch. "Soon too, we land in like ten minutes." 

"Please don't tell anyone. It's meant to be a secret. We're just 'seeing where it goes'." Gabby told her. "I'm friends with his brother, it just makes it so much more awkward." 

"I get it. I won't tell anyone." Tia smiled softly, as if amused by Gabby's earnest manner. 

"Really?" 

"I promise." Tia laughed, "But, you have to tell me how it goes at school, okay? I'll see you at hockey practice after school at Monday." 

"Okay." Gabby giggled, and the nerves in her stomach settled slightly. 

But, by the time they had landed and had been driven to the school car park, the nerves were back, suffocating and strangling. She got off the coach, struggling slightly with her suitcase and bag as she did so. The car park was rife with parents collecting their children and their posh cars lined up in the spaces, younger siblings grumbling as they were forced to great the older ones.