5

Snape hated to admit it, and he probably never would out loud. But he was worried.

Harry had been gone for a week. He couldn't leave either because Dumbledore had the whole castle under watch since his disappearance.

There was a knock on his door, and Severus opened it. "Severus, my boy," Dumbledore said, and Severus sighed internally.

"Dumbledore, what can I do for you?" He grunted out, letting the man into his living room.

"I need you to go to Voldemort," Dumbledore said, and Severus raised a brow. "I need you to find out if he has Harry so we can get him back," the old man said.

"He hasn't called me; he would find it suspicious if I just went there," Severus said, sitting in his armchair.

"Yes, but we have to get our weapon back!" Dumbledore exclaimed loudly, and Severus gave him a dark look.

"Very well, I will head over as soon as we end this conversation and you leave," Severus hissed, and Dumbledore smiled at him before exiting his quarters.

Severus groaned as soon as the horribly dressed man left. He never thought Tom would have taken Harry.

Jumping up, he ran to the floo. "Malfoy Manor," he yelled.

Stepping out of the floo, he rushed to the office where he knew he would find who he was looking for.

Bursting into the office door, he saw Tom. "Severus?" Tom said with a raised brow.

"Do you have him?" Severus asked, and Tom frowned.

"Have who?" The red-eyed man asked.

"Potter, do you have him?!" Severus clarified.

"No, is he missing?" Tom asked, and Severus nodded. "How? Doesn't Dumbledore keep a tracking spell on his precious savior?" the red-eyed man asked, and Severus frowned.

"Well, he would, but Harry went through a creature inheritance, and he went to Gringotts and didn't return," Severus explained.

"You let him go to Diagon Alley by himself?" Tom asked, and Severus glared at him.

"I couldn't have gone with him; the boy hates me," Severus said, and Tom stood.

"Look, we'll find him. I'll send out some death eaters to look around for him," he said, and Severus nodded. OK, now you have to get back before Dumbledore realizes you're gone for too long," Tom said, walking over and patting Severus on the shoulder before leading him out of the office and to the floo.

"Are you OK, Sev?" Tom asked as the other man stepped into the floo.

"I'm fine, Tom," He said, moving his hand to drop the floo powder, but the other man grabbed it.

"I love you, Sev," he said, and the potion master's face turned red.

"I know," He replied, avoiding his gaze.

Tom sighed before kissing his cheek and releasing his hand. "Bye, Sev," the red-eyed man said, and Snape immediately floo'ed away.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 446

Re-published: April 26, 2024, 7:30 am

When are you reading this?