𝒙𝒙. the grand finale

TWENTY  ࿐ྂ
━━ ABANDONED MOVIE THEATER !

"OF COURSE ME." Bailey tilts his head at them like they're being stupid. "Frankly, I expected more from the three of you after what you did to us."

Carina looks at the two Ghostfaces behind Bailey, scowling. "I knew to expect two. But three of you motherfuckers?" she grits out, still white-knuckling the brick in her hand.

Tara waves at her to shut up, and she scoffs. "What do you mean, 'us'?" the shorter girl questions, referencing what Bailey just said.

Slowly, the Ghostface on Bailey's left removes his mask. Ethan Landry's face smirks back at them, lips turned up in a smirk so unlike that of the sweet and shy boy they'd bet at the beginning of the year. "Ta-da!"

"Mindy was right," he chuckles sinisterly, tilting his head at them. "It was easy to juke the roommate lottery. I mean, all I had to do to meet you was room with a conceited, condescending alpha--literally named Chad. Fuck, it felt good to kill him!"

Carina screams with rage, lunging for Ethan, only stopped by Sam's arms around her waist. "He trusted you, you sick son of a bitch!" Twisting in Sam's arms, she squeezes the brick so hard she feels it dig into her skin. She imagines bringing it down on his head.

"Uh, uh, uh," Ethan tuts, flicking the wrist with the knife in front of him, mocking her. He looks at the mask in his hand, showing it to them and looking at Sam. "This was your grandmother's, Sam. Nancy Loomis? Really runs in your fucking family, doesn't it?" His face drops, along with the mask. "Speaking of family..."

"Wait for it," Bailey chuckles, arms crossed in front of him like he's waiting in line for a baseball game, not about to try and kill everyone Carina's ever loved. "...my name's not Ethan Landry, is it, Dad?"

Ethan, or whatever his name is, is smiling like he's playing a joke, and Bailey is laughing like it's the funniest one he's ever heard.

"'Dad?'" Tara voices, speaking for all of them.

"Wait. If it's you two, that leaves..." Carina's mind runs through the options, trying to think faster than her overloaded brain can at the moment. The third Ghostface turns to them, and Carina breathes heavily. Mindy was the only left. But, it can't be. Can it? "...Mindy?"

Ethan looks at the last masked villain, smiling knowingly as they pull their mask to reveal...a dead woman. "Quinn?" She thinks she's stopped breathing. Maybe she died with Chad. It's the only reasonable explanation.

"Hey, roomies. You didn't see that one coming, did you?"

"Yeah," Tara shouts, "because you died!"

"Kind of didn't, though." She looks at her dad and...brother? Her head pounds at the thought, and she brings a hand up to rub at her temples. "It was a good way to get off the suspect list. Stab Gale Weathers, stab Mindy on the train." She lifts her knife like they need proof. "That sort of thing."

"Stab Mindy on the train?" She asks redundantly, heart dropping. Of course, no one answers her, and she watches as Bailey drops his arms over his kids' shoulders.

"Yep, and I made sure I was first on the scene so I could switch her body out with a fresh one. Little fake blood, a prosthetic. You'd be amazed what a grieving father can get away with." Stupidly, the first thing Carina wonders about is whose body it was. Who was mutilated and used for a cause they didn't believe in, all because of this sick-in-the-head family. God, it's so fucked up.