6

Lucian groaned as he woke up. Rubbing his eyes, he opened them to see the early morning sun peeking through the curtains in his bedroom. Sighing, he sat up.

Since he discovered the shocking information a week ago, he didn't know who to trust. So, he hid. He got a list of his properties from the goblin at Gringotts, and now he was staying in one of the Ravenclaw's mansions.

The house was three stories with seventeen rooms, a large garden with a swimming pool in the back, and another large garden with a circular driveway with a fountain in the middle at the front.

The part he loved the most was the cliff. The property was surrounded by a five-foot wall, with one gate at the front entrance and another smaller gate in the back, which led to a lawn.

The lawn was about 20 feet wide and stretched along the back of the property. At the edge of the lawn, as a 200-foot drop was looking out over the ocean, Lucian loved the view, which was especially beautiful when the sun was setting, and the sky would turn purple. Pink and orange before the sun went down.

Climbing out of bed, he made his way down to the kitchen. He made himself some breakfast and then set about cleaning. He didn't have any house elves, so he did all the cleaning himself. He decided only to clean the rooms he knew he would use: the bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen, library, study, and guest bedroom.

Around noon, he was cleaning the study when he heard a tap at the window. Looking up, he saw a Gringotts owl in the window. He had set up a mailbox through Gringotts to filter out harmful letters that might have bad spells and potions on them.

Opening the window, Lucian took the letter and opened it. It was a letter from Dumbledore.

He had decided he did not want to go back to pretending to be someone he was not, but he did want to finish school. So, he wrote to the headmaster, telling him he was moving from a different country and would like to attend Hogwarts.

Reading the letter, Lucian saw that Dumbledore had accepted his request and sent him a list of things he would need. He also told him that he would be starting tomorrow, Monday.

Grinning, Lucian placed the letter down. He had already had all the things at Hogwarts, so he wouldn't have to buy anything; he just had to sneak into the Gryffindor Tower to get it before he was introduced to the school.

Coming up with an idea, Lucian packed the few things he owned and apparated to Hogsmeade. He made his way to the school and inside the castle, feeling the warmth of the familiar magic surrounding him.

The halls were empty at the moment, and seeing as it was still around lunchtime, the students were in the great hall eating. He quickly made his way to the Gryffindor tower, saying the password, and watched the door open.

Quickly, he made his way to his room and towards his bed. Seeing that his stuff was still there, he shrunk it and placed it in his pocket before exiting the tower and heading to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

He went to the chambers of Secrets and sat by the statue of Salazar, deciding to stay there until it was time for him to go to the great hall tomorrow.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 570

Re-published: April 26, 2024, 8 am

When are you reading this?