7

Lucian met McGonagall at the School gates the next morning. Since it was his 'first' day at the school, she would show him to the Great Hall to be sorted and meet the other students.

They entered the great hall, and everyone became silent as they saw him. He looked around the hall before walking to the stool with the sorting hat on it.

"Today, as you can see, we have a new student, Lucian Wolfrick," Dumbledore said, giving Lucian a grandfatherly smile that he knew was as fake as the twinkle in his eyes.

He didn't tell them his last name, and anyone would make the connection between him and the famous wolfpack leader.

Lucina sat on the stool, and McGonagall placed the hat on his head. He felt a push in his mind as the hat tried to figure out which house he belonged to.

"Lord of Hogwarts," The hat yelled, and everyone in the hall gasped.

"What??" He heard Dumbledore gasp behind him and smirked.

"Lord Quarters, sitting where you please," The hat yelled, and the hall was silent now.

Grinning, Lucian stood, took the hat off his head, and handed it to a shocked McGonagall. He went to the Slytherin table and sat at the end closest to the door.

The feast continued, but many people still stared at Lucian, whispering about him. When the feast was done, he waited to stand until the hall was almost empty.

He stepped out of the hall and was grabbed and dragged into the classroom. As soon as he was released, he spun around and wandered out.

"Well, hello to you too, Harry," The twins said, and Lucian dropped his wand.

"It's Lucian, actually," He said, and the two redheads in front of him raised a brow.

He then proceeded to tell them everything that he found out over the past week. To say the two were both shocked and pissed was an understatement.

They had always considered the other male to be a brother, closer than Ron and he was their blood family.

"Well, what are you going to do?" Fred asked, and Lucian sighed, shaking his head.

"I'm not sure yet; I don't know who to trust," He said, and the twins nodded in understanding.

"We'll be here if you need us," George said, ruffling his hair. The three exited the room, and the twins headed to the Gryffindor tower. Looking around to see that the hall was empty, Lucian laid a hand on the wall.

"Show me where I'm staying," he said to the castle.

Feeling a pull of Magic, Lucian followed it down to the Dungeon and a familiar hall. He stopped when he saw the portrait that led to Snape's room in front of him. Just on the opposite wall was another portrait, this one with a serpent with red eyes painted on it. Lucian grinned; he could get close to Snape being down here with him.

#Open,# Lucian said, and the serpent moved, turning in its frame to look at Lucian.

#A speaker,# The serpent said before the portrait opened.

Stepping in, Lucian was shocked at the sight before him. It wasn't just a room; it was an apartment.

From where he stood in the entryway, he was in the living room. It had a circular couch before a fireplace with a fluffy rug in front of it. A love seat was further to the side of the room with a small table with a lamp next to a bookshelf.

Stepping further into the room, he saw a kitchen to his left and a small staircase to his right. Climbing the stairs, he saw two doors. Opening the first door he saw that it was a small office, taking a quick look he closed the door and went to the other door.

Opening the other door, he saw that it was the bedroom. There was a large bed that could fit probably ten people, a dresser, a small study table, and two bedside tables on either side of the bed. In the room in front of the bed, there was a view of Black Lake.

Lucian decided he could get used to it for the rest of his time at Hogwarts. 

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 682

Re-published: April 26, 2024, 8:30 am

When are you reading this?