21

Lucius sat in his office looking over some papers for Tom. He had snatched them from the vampire to lighten his workload so that Tom could spend more time with his mates, who would return this evening. Severus was doing the same thing, too. There was a knock on his office door, and he called out for whoever it was to enter.

The door opened, and Fenrir entered. The wolf smiled softly at the veela, walking over to his desk and sitting on the edge. He leaned down and kissed Lucius's forehead. "Why aren't the elves preparing for the Yule ball?" he asked, and Lucius grinned.

"Well, I thought we could do something different instead of throwing a ball this year," Lucius said, and Fenrir raised a brow at the excited look on his lover's face.

"Well, everyone is waiting for you in the sitting room," Fenrir said, and Lucius jumped up, grabbing a book from his drawer and rushing out the door.

Lucius entered the sitting room to see Severus, Lucian, Tom, The LeStrange twins, the Weasley twins, and Draco sitting there.

"So, This year, instead of having the Christmas ball, we'll do something a little different," He started gaining confused looks from the others in the room. "Well, I was thinking we could make dinner ourselves, and we all pick something from this cookbook I found to make for dinner," Lucius said, looking at the still uncertain faces in the room. "You guys don't have to; I just thought it would have been fun doing something together as a family this year," He mumbled.

"I think it's a good idea," Lucian said, "And mates could be in separate kitchens, then we could make our mates something special; one group can do dinner, and one does desserts," He said.

"That's a good idea," Draco said, grinning. "We could duplicate the book to use," the blonde finished.

"I think that could work, Weasleys, Lucian, Tom. You guys are with me in the kitchen on the first floor. We can have dinner," Lucius said. "Rada, Rodo, Severus, and Draco are with Fenrir on the second floor, so we have five each, " Lucian said, dividing them into teams.

Lucius duplicated the cookbook and handed it to Fenrir as the other man led his group to the second floor. He then led his team into the kitchen and opened the book.

"So, I'll make steak; Fenrir loves meat and doesn't like vegetables," Lucius said, duplicating the page from the book.

"We'll do Sushi for Draco," The twins said, taking that recipe.

"I know Sev can't have spices and doesn't like much flavor in his food, so I think mashed potatoes and chicken should do," he said, starting to prepare everything, already knowing the recipe by heart.

"My two likes pasta," Tom said.

They started cooking, having a bit of conversation as they cooked. Lucius gets to know the twins better, while Lucian and Tom speak of their muggle upbringing.

In the next kitchen, they had also decided what they would make. Severus was making treacle tart, The Lestranges were making Vanilla Pudding, Fenrir was making Dorset apple cake, and Draco was making Brandy snaps.

Both teams spent the next few hours cooking and laughing, enjoying each other's company as they prepared for Yule dinner.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 536

Re-published: April 26, 2024, 3:30 pm

When are you reading this?