25

Lucian was walking down the hall in the manor's basement. He stopped in front of Severus's Potion lab. Slowly opening the door, he peeked inside and saw Severus sitting on a stool, hunched over a book he had entered. Making his way over to the raven-haired man, he pecked his cheek, making him look up.

"Take a walk with me?" He asked. Severus silently closed his book and left the potion lab, with Lucian following him. "Why are you so quiet?" Lucian finally asked as they exited the house and entered the garden.

"Hmm, Oh, Sorry." Severus said as if snapping himself out of a trance, "I just found a new potion I wanted to try. I have just been thinking about ways to alter or improve it," He said, and Lucian frowned.

"If you were in the middle of something important, we could go back in," Lucian suggested as they stopped in front of one of the small fountains in the garden.

"No, I would like to spend some time alone with you," Severus said as he sat at the edge and looked into the water at the fish swimming around.

"So, what kind of potion is it?" Lucian asked, sitting down next to him.

"It is a potion for removing burnt skin from victims and helping them regrow their natural unburnt skin," Severus said, "I haven't perfected the ingredients yet, but I am close,'' he said, and Lucian nodded.

"Is there a specific reason you're trying to perfect it?" He asked.

"Yes, there is a burn ward at St. Mungos, and though they already have potions for burns, they don't have one that completely removes the burnt skin," Severus said, " I was hoping this one would remove both the pain and burnt skin and the patient would be able to carry on their lives without a reminder of a tragic experience every time they look at the skin." He finished, and Lucian nodded.

"I think that's amazing what you're doing," Lucian said, and Severus gave him a small smile.

They sat by the fountain for another two hours before they heard footsteps rushing toward them. They looked up and saw Draco rushing towards them.

"Lucian, Fenrir wants you in the first-floor sitting room," He panted out, confused, as the two men rushed into the house. As they approached the sitting room, they heard loud crying and screaming. Moving faster, Lucian entered the room to see his father pacing back and forth while his dad tried to calm whoever was crying on the couch.

"What is going on here?" Lucian asked. The crying immediately stopped, and a small head popped over the couch to look at him. "Logan?" he asked, seeing the toddler peeking over the couch at him.

"Angel!" Logan exclaimed, climbing off the couch and rushing over to him. Lucian picked him up, and Logan rested his head on his shoulder. One hand went around his neck, and the other clutched his shirt.

"He wanted to see you, followed me out of pack grounds, and got lost, so I brought him here," Fenrir said, "I tried to bring him back, and he started crying so much I couldn't just leave him there," he finished, and Lucian huffed.

"Softy," He mumbled, and Fenrir glared at him as Lucius snickered at him.

"Come on, Logan. Let's go play," Lucian said as he turned and exited the room; he made his way out to the garden. He placed Logan down, saw the boy look behind him, and turned to see Severus standing a few feet away from him. "Logan, This is Severus. He is my mate, he might look mean, but he's really nice," Lucian said.

Logan gave the dark man a small wave and a shy smile. "Hi, mister Severus," He said, and Lucian cooed at his cuteness.

"Come on, I'll show you where the garden fairies play," He said, leading the two deeper into the large garden.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 642

Re-published: April 26, 2024, 5:30 pm

When are you reading this?