𝟏𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐃𝐂.

"You know, in Italy children are allowed to have a little bit of wine with dinner." Smiling faces were around the table while Dale poured the red wine. "As well as France."

Lori took a sip of from her glass before covering Carls with her palm. "And when he's in Italy or France, he can have some."

"What's it gonna hurt? Come on." Rick asked.

I chuckled. "Not like he can get into much trouble."

Needless to say Carl did not enjoy it like the others did. Lori looked relieved as she poured his glass to into hers. "That's my boy."

"Best stick to soda little man." Shane said as he stole a glance at Lori.

"Not you bud." Daryl said as he motioned towards Glenn. "I wanna see how red your face can get."

Nate and Glenn were sitting up on the counter tops directly behind the table. Still part of the conversation but out of the way.

Nate placed his hand on Glenn's shoulder giving it a pat. "Peer pressure and a 'to-be determined' drinking limit. Winning combination. I remember when I lost my alcoholic virginity."

"Whats virginity?" Carl asks his Rick.
The room falls silent when the others are curious how he'll answer the not all ages topic.

"Something Nate lost a long ago." A belt of laughter washed over Rick when Lori answered quickly without thinking. "Eat the rest of your food." She tried to switch the subject to avoid the talk with her curious son.

"I was going to say it's one of the very few things in this world Nate's scared of." Rick added.

Lori couldn't contain her shocked smile as she reached over and playfully smacks her husband's shoulder for saying that in front of Carl. People were looking back and forth clinging glasses, laughing at the now rose color cheeks of Nate when he cracked a smile of his own.

Rick takes notice of Dr. Jenner who hasn't participated in any of their conversations while looking down lost in thought. "Alright everyone, I just want us to take a second to thank our host."

Daryl's smile looks foreign but genuine as he loudly cheers, BooYa!" Followed by everyone else copying his phrase with their own cheer ringing out.

"So when the hell you gonna tell us what happened here doc?" Shane's mood not matching with the rest of the gang. "All the other doctors who were trying to figure out what happened."

"We don't need to do this now." The room fell under a blanket of awkwardness as Rick was the only one to speak up.

"Wait a minute. That's why we're here ain't it? This was your move. Saying we'd find all the answers but instead we found one guy."

"Shane." Nate warned to which Shane countered, "What? You didn't think this was a good idea either man. You aren't curious?"

"I'd like to know myself." Miller agreed which sent a look from Danny and Nate. "What? I do."

"When things got bad many people left to be with their families. When the military got overrun more bolted. There was a rash of suicides after that. They couldn't face walking out the door. They opted out. I stayed to keep working hoping to do some good."