Episode One: Ship Wreck

Trigger Warning.
Chapter One: Fucking Bitch

[Too Sweet ~ Hozier]

The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth. It's the sort of place where you have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, one island All right. Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the Kooks. this is the island's south side or the cut where We live. Home of the working class who make a living busing table, washing yachts, and running charters. The natural habitat of... drumroll, please......the Pogues.

Believe it or not, it may seem weird. Naming yourself after a throwaway fish. But that's what we felt like. The Lowest member of the food chain. Okay. So, the downside of the Pogue life is we were ignored and neglected.

But the upside of the Pogue life? We were ignored and neglected, which meant we could do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted.

The blonde pretending to be the captain of the ship is  JJ, my best friend since the third grade. He's about as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water. Best surfer I know. Just don't tell him I said that. Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat.

The brunette aggressively talking about climate change in the corner is Kiara, or Kie, as we call her. When she is not saving turtles, listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. I'm not sure why, though. she's a rich kid. Foot in both worlds. Her family owns The Wreck, this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. You know, I'm not sure how her parents feel about us We all have a thing for her.

The tall,  and awkward kid hiding under his baseball cap is Pope, the brains of the operation... finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship. And the smartest person I  know. Little bit weird His father's this legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get for you. Now, I'm not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pogue, just like the rest of us.

The beautiful model-looking teenager sunbathing on her roof side pool is Alheri or Allie, she is the richest person on the island. When she is not at home you can catch her working at the Wreck with Kie. She hangs out with us too and We all have a thing for her too, well at least Pope, and I admit it, JJ acts like he hates her but he's always staring at her. Allie being the richest person on the island doesn't stop her from wanting to be a normal girl. She's the nicest person I have ever met. She grew up alongside Kia the two met in Preschool and were joined at the hip we joke and call them the M's matchmade twins. They are so alike and so different all at the same time.

As for me, I'm the handsome guy you see fixing his hair in the mirror currently. John Booker Routledge. And this is where I live. An old fish shack on the marsh. The Château, as my dad used to call it. He disappeared at sea nine months ago, looking for a shipwreck. Who disappears at sea these days? I miss him. And then there's Mom. She split when I was three. Last I heard, she was in Colorado. I think it was Colorado. Ahhh and then there's my Uncle T, Since Dad's vanished, he's supposedly my legal guardian. At the moment, he's in Mississippi, building houses...