Prologue

''I still remember it as if it was yesterday. I can only say that that moment changed my life'' she said ''It really surprised me''. Life is the word I used in that sentence. ''Well, whatever it was that I called 'life' and I'm not sure about it anymore'' she added. I noticed that a lot of people have a collection of thought that they call 'my life'. They even add the noun 'private' before the noun life to make it sound more personal, more real. So, whenever someone claims to have a 'private life' we tend to perceive them as a mature human with a certain degree of dignity. Or.. as someone who is aware of their vulnerability and therefore desire a certain amount of uncertainty about their actions. Or let me reveal it plainly to you: whoever desires something to remain hidden desires a cloud of darkness around them. I'm not talking about personal data that ought to remain hidden, as your address or information that might endanger you. I'm talking about this weird obsession people have with privacy. This word is Latin in origin. It was used to describe the right of corporations in ancient Rome to keep some of their activities hidden from everyone that didn't belong to that corporations. Corporations back then were more like cults. And all those cults were obliged to participate in the Emperor cult to worship Caesar as god. As long as you participated in the Emperor cult and paid incense to the Emperor, your corporation or small cult was permitted to operate. With this permission came the entitlement to mislead others concerning the true practices of your organisation. Well, privacy was a ''cultish'' thing to begin with. Today there is a whole cult of privacy out there. Again, I'm not talking about the security of sensitive personal data. This sense of entitlement to a sacred space around our bodies [and this includes all information that relates to our bodies], that's what I'm talking about! In this small book, I will use the illustration of a dude named Stanley to describe what I'm talking about. I will write from his perspective and sometimes I'll switch to the writers perspective (also called the all-knowing perspective). Stanley is living in Germany after the so called 'refugee crisis' that swayed over Europe at the second half of 2015. He has one individual that's quite special to him. Special? What?! Well, just read and you're warned. This story is not for everyone, especially those who choose to become easily offended when reading about weird illustrations.