8

"Deal." I say, internally screaming and slapping myself to make sure it is real life. Just as I say that, we arrive at my house.

"Well, this is my house." I inform him.

"I know."

"...what."

"I'm just kidding haha." I can tell he is lying, but I just ignore it.

"So now you are a kidnapper and a stalker?"

"Maybe I am."

"Ok, ok, I'm going inside now."

"Bye, see you tomorrow."

"Bye, creepo." I yell as I shut the door. As soon as I shut the door, I slide down the door with my back until I reach the floor and I fall over. What is my life? This is insane. I feel like I'm in a freaking rom-com.

I snap back to reality when my mom walks over to me, looking at me like I just painted myself red like Doja Cat. She puts her hands on her hips and looks down at me as she asks me, "Where are my eggs?"

I hand her the carton of eggs and let my hand drop to the floor with a loud thump. She looks at me weird again and decides to just walk away. Good choice.

I lazily get up off the floor, feeling very tired all of a sudden. I go into the kitchen to get a glass of water because I am PARCHED. I fill a cup with water and take a sip as I stare off into space. Suddenly, my cat jumps up onto the counter, scaring me. I jumped and dropped the glass in my hand. It drops to the floor and shatters, slicing my foot in the process.

It started bleeding immediately and my mom comes into the room, hearing the noise. "OH MY GOSH! ARE YOU OK????" She picks up the glass around me as I hold my foot. She looks at my foot. "I think I'm gonna have to bring you to the hospital. It's going to need stitches."

"What? No! I have a pool party to go to tomorrow!"

"Oh, come on. Your foot is more important than some dumb 11th grade party."

We get to the hospital and after a long wait, the doctor checks it out.

"Yup, your mother was right. You will need stitches."

"Will I be able to swim?"

"Of course, you just have to be careful with it. Don't let it get hit, and don't touch it too much. As for being in the water, don't stay in it for too long, and you will be good."