Chapter Three - Dreams and Wine

ACT I
Dreams and Wine

------------------
126 AC
THE NORTH

A delicate drowsiness overcame Elaenyra's fatigued body as she hid herself in the dark chamber her eyelids drifting to close. The night prior had been one filled with broken pieces of her mind as she forced herself to succumb to her dreams. They had began to find her more frequently not allowing her a minutes respite as they continued with their destructiveness.

A quiet gasp left Elaenyra's lips as she had accidently cut the skin of her finger the blood dropping to the ground she hisses from the pain rushing over to the sink she runs the water over the cut watching as the blood mixes in with the water, a light crimson colour tainting as it rushes out of sight.

The chill in the room pinched at the skin of her hand.

Elaenyra turned off the tap the blood having stopped turning she sighed her eyes carried over the room as her head pounded with the screaming of rest which her body craved endlessly.

Her mind was paralleled with the need to continue on but also the dragging want to close her eyes yet she kept herself from giving in she could not endure any more she would not surrender to the terror the fates like to think they had bestowed.

A deep pit stirred in her stomach and Elaenyra ignored it the feeling is all too familiar. Mayhaps it was because of the cold the north brought she had been here on the outskirts of Winterfell all her life grew up among the snow and harsh winds yet her skin could never feel comfort like it should with home.

"Did you hear?" The door flung open as Janelle's frantic voice hit her ear breaking the silence in the darkened room Elaenyra looked to her shaking her head.

"Oh you must have." Janelle rushed over to Elaenyra grabbing her hand.

"I assure you I have heard and know nothing, what happened?" Elaenyra inquired with eagarness.

"A girl." She breathed out "Has fallen from a tower." Janelle informed Elaenyra her eyes wide.

Elaenyra joins Janelle as her eyes also widen in shock she urges her sister to go on her mind flashing with last night's vision her heart dropping to the darkest pits of her stomach.

"I do not know much but she was playing, as children do, and she had fallen from the tower." Janelle continued on her voice in a slow whisper now "She is dead."

Elaenyra let go of Janelle's hand stepping back for a moment she breathed out shakily the temperature around her seemed to have dropped or at least that is how it felt to her as shivers of realisation crawled her skin.

"Elaenyra you dreamt it, did you not?" Janelle hushed.

The onyx haired girl turns back to Janelle with a look, one telling that she had "I did." She replied quietly. It should not matter to her anymore she had been seeing unpredictable visions like this since she was a child sometimes they would be relentless and would appear night after night other times it would be nothing for moons. Elaenyra had gotten used to it or so she had forced herself to believe but hearing that, what she saw last night had occurred so soon tore her down. This erratic behaviour of her prophetic visions is why she despises her ancestry, she yearns to shred it from her soul and very being.

Janelle grabbed Elaenyra gently into a hug the blonde haired girl had always been there for Elaenyra holding her close to her through the darkest of moments, two waves rippling together freely in a vast ocean of the unknown.

"You must not let this affect you too deeply Elaenyra it-"

"What should I do then huh?" Elaenyra stepped back her chest heaving "I saw it Janelle I-" She lets a tear drop escape her eyes it rushes down her cold pink cheek and lands on the ground.