Love Is Rushing: Rush x Ambush (Fluff)

Details:
Rush is Male
Ambush is Female

We can admit that both Rush and Ambush are a dynamic duo after all, right? Well, that's because they are best friends, both in and behind the scenes.

Despite Ambush being a 2.0 version of Rush, both of them get along pretty well, and Ambush has been trying to teach Rush how to rebound and catch his victims off guard.

Rush has learned how to do so, but he still prefers to use his classic one-dash attack, and only rebounds when he wants to.

"Say, why don't you also show up in the greenhouse? You have a very high chance to attack later on." Rush commented, looking at Ambush, who was standing at the doorframe of room 38, the corridor where Seek shows up for the first time.

"I just don't feel like doing so. It would be hard to the explorer to deal with me, Hide, and Screech at the same time, and if Eyes shows up, that's literally impossible to survive." Ambush explained, knocking at one of the wardrobes' doors, making Hide peek out.

"What do I have to do with this, Bush?" Hide groaned, adjusting to the lighting of the corridor.

"Nothing, just calling you to take part of our talk here, y'know? I feel like we could bring more people to our conversation, don't you guys think?" Ambush's voice boomed, and she looked at Rush and Seek, who was in his goo puddle.

"Yeah, no. Sorry. I'm kinda tired right now, maybe next time." Hide apologized, closing the wardrobe door and getting out of the conversation.

"Mood killer." Ambush coldly said, making a 'bruh' expression, still facing the closet.

"Don't worry too much about it, Bush. Let him be." Rush said, zooming closer to Ambush and putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Eh, okay then." Ambush said, facing Rush with a slight smile.

"So, how does it feel like being in the greenhouse anyway?" Seek asked, coming out of the goo puddle and walking towards both Rush and Ambush.

"It's kinda cool not gonna lie." Rush started. "There's a lot of fellas there, like Eyes and Screech, who you already know, and Hide also shows up there, but he barely does anything really." Rush finished.

"Don't you forget Snare too." Ambush remembered Rush. "Oh yeah, right. Snare is this little bear trap thingy but they're just some vines on the floor, they're not even an entity." Rush said, reminding Ambush that Snare isn't an entity at all.

"Oh yeah." Ambush said, then Looking at Seek once again. "You should check it out. There's also some pretty cool plants there, and Screech is often there hanging around with Eyes." Ambush finished her sentence, suggesting a hangout option for Seek.

"Looking forward to it." Seek coldly said, returning to his puddle form and phasing through the ground, probably heading towards the greenhouse.

"Rude." Both Rush and Ambush said in unision, and they looked at each other in the eyes. "JYNX!" Rush yelled, making Ambush unable to talk, or else she'll be bonked in the head.

Ambush pouted, clearly angry. "Ok, ok. Since I'm a nice guy and all, I allow you to return talking." Rush apologized, patting Ambush's head. "Also because you look cute when you're angry." Rush teased Ambush, making her blush.

"Oh come on! You know how easily I get flustered when I'm complimented..." Ambush quietly said, looking to the side.

"Isn't that a good thing? It means that people appreciate you." Rush defended himself, caressing Ambush's hair.

"S-Stop it already... I do like the affection a-and all... But I don't feel like s-such thing..." Ambush stuttered, blushing like crazy.

"Aww come on. Just accept the fact that you're adorable." Rush said, messing Ambush's hair a bit as a sign of affection.

"... Fine... I guess I'm a bit c-cute..." Ambush gave up, looking down.

"You're not just a bit. You are." Rush said, putting his hand on Ambush's chin and making her look at him. "You're both cute and adorable to levels that are out of this world." Rush said, closing his eyes and smiling at Ambush.

"... You do know h-how to treat a girl well..." Ambush said, leaning her head closer to Rush's, and kissing his cheek for a split second. "And that's your reward..." Ambush quietly said, bolting out of the hall in embarrassment.

Rush was left speechless and he passed his fingers at where Ambush kissed him, and he smiled upon realizing Ambush might have feelings for him, since he had quite of a small crush on her.

Rush bolted from the hall, looking for Ambush, and finding her in the courtyard a few minutes later.

"There you are. You didn't have to run off like that." Rush said, approaching Ambush and standing beside her.

"Sorry... I let my brain just act by itself... Sorry for the bold move..." Ambush apologized, looking at the ground in shame.

"Hey, it's alright. I find your crush on me kind of admirable, because I do like you as well." Rush admitted, intertwining his fingers with Ambush's.

"I admire you not just because of your skills, but also because of your beauty and personality." Rush said, looking at Ambush in her eyes.

"... I thought you only saw me as a f-friend..." Ambush started speaking, her face as red as a tomato.

"But I don't like you. I love you." Rush said, his cheeks burning like hell, but he didn't regret it.

Ambush was as red as the color itself, and just let her body release the dopamine. And she made a cute screeching sound and pressed her lips against Rush's, calming herself down.

"I l-love you too, you j-jerk..." Ambush managed to stutter, her mind and heart racing at speed of light, and even her green aura was now pinkish.

Rush smiled at Ambush, and once again messed her hair. "Love you too, Bushy." He said, before kissing Ambush's forehead and hugging her.

" He said, before kissing Ambush's forehead and hugging her