{2}

He chuckled, this guy laughed a lot during situations. "I can think of one way to repay me." He muttered, being quiet. He was more like thinking out loud with that statement. He put his hands on the wheel and started to reverse out of the parking spot. He wasn't sure if bringing up what he wanted for payment would be such a good idea or would be taking things too far. He sighed. Damnit, why couldn't I be normal with this guy? He's just a shy, sweet, handsome...woah. Get your mind out of there when being right next to the guy.

Protagonist snapped out of his thoughts. Turning his gaze over to protagonist. Wait what? "did you say something?" Protagonist questioned. Fidgeting with his hands as he waits for his reply. In what way could he repay coworker with? He doesn't even know what the guy likes! Well— besides smoking. Maybe a new lighter..? No. Nono. That's not good enough, he's literally taking him home! Which is pretty far.. Ugh.. Why is he thinking so hard about what to repay him with..? It's not like he's known him his entire life! He's not gay. '...' why did he just think of that right now?! Are his thoughts betraying him???!?

"Huh?" He was brought out of his thoughts by Protag's voice, glanced at him then back at the road. "No." He lied, not wanting to admit what he was truly thinking. Maybe he could tone down what he really wants for payment... "Anyway," He cleared his throat. "Besides your job, what else has been going on?" He wasn't sure how else to start a conversation with Protag.

Protagonist thought about it "Nothing much actually. Besides my current living situation and financial stuff, everythings alright. What about you? It seems like everything for you is going pretty smoothly. If I may ask, how did you even get accepted for this job?" Protagonist rested his chin onto his palm of his hand, adjusting his glasses lightly. Admiring the scenery of the outside. He absolutely adored the outdoors.

He raised an eyebrow. Financial stuff? I thought this job payed pretty well to not have to worry about that. "Huh..." He muttered. "Oh, uh," He glanced at Protag again. Man, this guy is pretty... He glanced back at the road. "I mean I practically just got the position I'm in for being related to a higher up in the company and having some small experience in office work." He shrugged. "Nothing special." He muttered again. Coworker gripped the wheel a bit tighter. Coworker was trying to focus on the road but it was hard with such a pretty guy next to him. Personal thoughts at least. God, I can barely focus. He thought. "Anyways," He smiled softly. "Nothing too stressful, right?" He felt a bit worried now that Protag brought up financial problems.

Protagonist turned to face the road. nodding to coworker's words. It must be nice having relations with a higher up in the company. Actually, protagonist wondered. How rich is this guy? And why is he hangout with him? The only thing they have in common is working for the company Also being traumatized when in That thing "Ah, that must be nice.." He smiled sweetly. "I don't think it's as stressful than taxes." Protagonist stated, shuddering at the thought. He turned to look at coworker. Examining his body language. Oblivious to the blonde's thoughts

Coworker felt nervous. Really nervous. Which is rare for him since he was always so confident and cocky about everything. Especially if he got to talk about himself. "Yeah..." He whispered, not meaning to be so quiet but he felt awkward. He wasn't sure how to respond or what to do which he almost always knew what to do so this was a new feeling to him. He laughed a bit at the comment Protag made. Not as stressful as taxes, it was kind of funny to coworker even though Protag was being serious. "I guess you're right about that."

Protagonist nods at coworker's words. Taking in on how it suddenly felt warm inside the car, rolling down the window slightly. Wondering on what he should do once he got home. Thinking back on what coworker had said earlier, he doesn't really have an exciting life. Unless you count waking up early, walking to work, getting annoyed by your han— ahem. Coworker each break time / whenever leaving the building.

Coworker pulled up to the apartment complex that Protagonist lived in, parking the car. "Alright!" He smiled widely and looked towards Protagonist. "We're here." He waited for Protagonist to open the passenger side door before opening his as well, getting out quickly. Why was he getting out with Protagonist? Who knows, he just really wanted to see where Protagonist lived honestly.