xliii-a thousand suns

▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ .
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ━ 𝖂𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝕿𝗵𝗲 𝕯𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹 𝕮𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝕶𝗻𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴°. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙲𝚁𝙸𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙰𝙻 𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙳𝚂 ❫ . ˚ ⚘  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

WHEN SPENCER WOKE UP, HE SAW THAT LEIGH WAS IN BED NEXT TO HIM, STUDYING FOR HER UNIT CHIEF'S EXAM. He woke up, yawning softly as he opened up his eyes to see her in bed right next to him. He let out a small yawn again as he stretched his arms and legs out in bed, rolling over to look at her.

     Feeling eyes on her, Leigh looked away from her notes that she was writing about and looked over to Spencer who was already looking at her. Her face flushed lightly.  

     "Hi, pretty boy," she greeted, her free hand going to his mop of hair that was sprawled out on the pillow and started to play with it.

     Spencer's face started to slowly turn a bit red as she greeted him and began to play with his hair. He was enjoying every moment of it, as it felt really good, turning his head to her to lean up on his elbow.

    "Hey, pretty girl..." he greeted gently, his expression relaxing further at the feeling of her hand playing with his messy hair, "How are you?"

     "Tired," Leigh answered slightly breathless, her hand still entangled to his hair. "The case in Mid-Wilshire wore me out," she chuckled lightly. "How about you? How are you?" she asked him.

     Spencer let out a small chuckle as she mentioned how tired she was, but he could relate. "I'm... pretty tired as well," he replied softly, his breath becoming a bit heavier as her hand still played with his hair. He took a small breath of air before continuing. "That case in Mid-Wilshire is probably wearing the whole team..." he sighed, his hand reaching up to hers as it was still in his hair. He began to sit up, leaning against the pillows as he cradled her hand like it was the most treasured thing in existence. "And how's the studying going so far?" he asked, glancing at her notecards.

      "Not too bad," Leigh replied, nodding softly at him. "I mean, it's unit chief stuff. Stuff that I thought I knew but I don't really know, so it is kind of difficult..." she trailed.

     "You thought you knew, but don't know?" he teased with a small smile. "I always assumed that you knew everything when it came to the FBI..." he said, his smile turning into an exaggerated grin as he joked around with her.